Teaser for new Will Farrell Movie : Semi-Pro

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I think people hate Will Ferrell mostly because they don't get how he can pull hotter chicks than they can while looking like a doofus :)

I haven't met a chick that didn't like his flicks.

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: nkgreen
Originally posted by: hdeck
I'm so sick of him and his movies. I'll never watch it, but I'll have to hear everyone talk about it and see the endless previews on tv. That really says something about is acting ability when the only way he can make money is being portrayed as an over-the-top, stupid, egotistical douchebag.

Oh well, my opinion doesn't change anything. :(

guess you haven't seen stranger than fiction or winter passing.

I haven't, but he'd need to be in a Shawshank or Godfather to make up for just one of the following atrocities: Anchorman, Ricky Bobby, Elf, Blades of Glory, Zoolander, and A Night at the Roxbury.

Most of those are entertaining movies, don't let your hate for Ferrell surpass your ability to laugh.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Another one? Geez, this guy just puts out one steaming pile of crap after another. When will it end?

I bet some could issue the same complaint for those 29,000+ posts of yours. Now, if only you could get $20 million for each of them... ;)

Fixed.

And don't be knocking Night at the Roxbury.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: hdeck
I'm so sick of him and his movies. I'll never watch it, but I'll have to hear everyone talk about it and see the endless previews on tv. That really says something about is acting ability when the only way he can make money is being portrayed as an over-the-top, stupid, egotistical douchebag.

Oh well, my opinion doesn't change anything. :(

guess you haven't seen stranger than fiction or winter passing.

I haven't, but he'd need to be in a Shawshank or Godfather to make up for just one of the following atrocities: Anchorman, Ricky Bobby, Elf, Blades of Glory, Zoolander, and A Night at the Roxbury.

Why not a musical like Cats or some Shakespear?

He is a comedian.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I think this is the plot:

Will Ferrell plays Nate Crawford, an egotistical, obnoxious marbles champion at the top of his profession. He and his sidekick, played by Christopher Walken, seem invincible until their dominance is threatened by a new rival. Nate Crawford's excessive pride causes him to spiral downward to comical lows.

When he is at the depths of despair, he removes his shirt and bellows, Praise Spider-Man. My gearbox is a shimmering cyclone!

After a wacky training process featuring a surprise cameo by Jason Bateman and a marginally-developed romantic subplot, he enters into a climactic showdown with his rival and emerges victorious - but not without learning a thing or two about friendship.

http://www.collegehumor.com/willferrell