Teamspeak server?

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I think this might be the correct place to put this. I'm interested in hosting my own Teamspeak server so that I can chat with my second cousin while we play some online games. My questions are 1) How hard is it to set up a TS server and 2) This might sound dumb, but can I talk at the same time I'm hosting the server? DO I have to connect to my external IP to do it?

I'd go the X-Fire route but it slows my FPS down so much that I can't play. I even updated. It's been awhile so I'll try updating again and see if I still encounter the problem.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
1. Fairly simple.
2. Yes, you connect to your TS client to the server on the same machine. Client should function the same as connecting to external servers.
3. Internal IP of your machine, localhost should work as well 127.0.0.1

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Teamspeak-Server-on-Windows
I haven't gone through the steps but this looks pretty correct. The step-by-steps for forwarding the port will vary by router. You may also have to adjust your local windows firewall.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
1. Fairly simple.
2. Yes, you connect to your TS client to the server on the same machine. Client should function the same as connecting to external servers.
3. Internal IP of your machine, localhost should work as well 127.0.0.1

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Teamspeak-Server-on-Windows
I haven't gone through the steps but this looks pretty correct. The step-by-steps for forwarding the port will vary by router. You may also have to adjust your local windows firewall.

This is good information that I'd go along with in setting up a VOIP server.

Vent is easier to set up.

This is wrong.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Okay, I downloaded the server client and this is what I get. How the hell do I adjust settings there's no manual?

vent_zps8fbf6808.jpg

Rinaun

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2005
Ventrilo is terrible for more than 7-8 people. I really don't see why people use it over TS3 aside from just paying their way out through server providers. I hated TS2 myself, but TS3 is so much better than TS2; they should of named TS3 something else, it's that of an improvement over the original nightmarish Teamspeak client.

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
My little brother uses Skype to chat with friends while gaming.

Definitely the easiest option.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Google Hangouts can handle up to 10 people and sets up with a click of a button.