Team Fortress 2 Jabber...

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
What's everyone doing in TF2 these days?
Anyone not played it yet? I have to say it is just as addictive as CS:S and is just as satisfying yet in different ways.
It's such a well rounded game that one doesn't need reflexmadskillz in order to do well. I have a friend with advanced Parkinson's who used to get his ass kicked in CS:S because he would shake so much aiming was difficult for him. With TF2 however he is more than adequate with the heavy or setting up turrets in unsuspecting places as an engineer.
I have to say I also appreciate that TF2 attracts a slightly different brand of player then CS:S. The profanity & immaturity are less abundant and people are more focused on having fun and playing as a team then the insane drive to have a good kill ratio.
I've been playing a lot of 2Fort recently. Love how that level is set up.
Looking for suggestions on custom levels that might have similar layouts.

Also I have to share an image from last week. I came around a corner to find this.
Needless to say that was the end of me. :D

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Great game. I play it all the time. In fact im about to play right now. My username is Timon the Jew if interested.

calyco

Oct 7, 2004
Ive been playing since the release and its still a fun game. My favorite classes are the engineer and medic, especially in a 3-4 man squad including pyro and heavy. Its really fun when everyone knows their role. Getting kinda sick of the maps though, mostly just play lazytown.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Two things never get old:
1. Successfully juggling an enemy with the rocket launcher.
2. Heavy fisticuffs.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Don't play it as much as CS for one factor: stupid teammates. I really like play a few rounds of TF2 every so often though.

toughwimp11

May 8, 2005
i have to agree that it is alot more relaxed atmosphere. what i like is that its not just about who sees who first and all that sneaking around like in CS:S. I like running out and not getting shot by some guy with a pistol from a mile away

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404
I have to say I also appreciate that TF2 attracts a slightly different brand of player then CS:S. The profanity & immaturity are less abundant and people are more focused on having fun and playing as a team then the insane drive to have a good kill ratio.

For what it's worth, that is more an aspect of where a game is in it's life. If TF2 lives long enough, it will eventually get to the elitist asshole ratio that creates the hostile atmosphere of CSS.

Oh and I play TF2 about 4-5 times a week right now.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
I grew up playing the original TF for Quakeworld. I've been playing TF2 quite a bit since the beta. This game totally rocks. The game keeps me entertained in the vast ways you can play each of the different classes. I started out with the soldier and really ripped it up. I now really enjoy playing most of the classes. It would be tough to say if I like this game more then the original or not.

My name in game is 40Hands if anyones interested in some good teamplay ownage!

Thyme

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2000
It can be a fun game, but having bad teammates really makes it not very enjoyable. It's the most frustrating game I've ever played. And yet I still keep going back to it because I'm apparently a masochist.

450R

Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Thyme
It can be a fun game, but having bad teammates really makes it not very enjoyable.

Yeah, that tends to be my biggest gripe with these new-fangled "team-based" shooters. But even horrible rounds in TF2 can be amusing to watch. There's something hilarious about a new engineer that has his sentry repeatedly destroyed as soon as it goes up ... or a sniper running out of the spawn, instantly blown into a dozen pieces. The entire atmosphere of TF2 is awesome, but the facial animations and taunts in particular really lighten it up.

450R

Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: banksh0t
Heard they were going to release new maps soon, are those out yet?

Nope, not yet. New maps won't cure the monotony for me in any case. As humorous as the game is, I've been playing less and less of it every week. Seems to be a trend among other people as well. Still good for the occasional game, though.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Great game, play it several times a week. I played TFC for 7 years, so I'll probably be playing this until TF3 comes out :).

Superrock

Oct 28, 2000
2Fort is annoying because it usually leads to a stalemate since it's pretty difficult to get across. Here's a tip if you're a scout: jump early if you wanna double jump off the middle bridge.

My favorite maps are dustbowl and gravelpit.

Granary and Hydro tends to either become a stalemate or an overwhelming victory for one side.

I think medics and engineers are probably the most helpful for their team but people tend to not play them. My best classes are prolly the soldier and scout but I think demos are most enjoyable. My worst class is the spy... I dunno how some people can backstab so many people...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This might make me sound like a dork, but I dont care much for online play.
How are the Bots in TF2?

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Superrock

I think medics and engineers are probably the most helpful for their team but people tend to not play them. My best classes are prolly the soldier and scout but I think demos are most enjoyable. My worst class is the spy... I dunno how some people can backstab so many people...

I really enjoy playing as an engineer, but it gets frustrating if the other team has a couple of grade A spies. Medic is fun if you have teammates who understand how to 'use' you the best.

Spy is my worst class, too.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I need to play this bad boy again. I haven't played in over two months. I just had so many other games like Crysis, COD4, Joint Ops (yes you read that correctly) that I stopped playing TF2. It wasn't boring or crappy to me, I just sort of stopped playing due to other games and it wasn't so amazing that I couldn't do without it. But with the new map I think I'll fire it up later today.