Teacher Union Issues Support For Convicted Cop Killer

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Progressives always feel like they have a reason for their decisions, but it's always EVERY conservative whose views are too odious to be heard, and EVERY America-hater whose views NEED to be heard. I could just as easily have substituted Binyamin Netanyahu for Ann Coulter and Bobby Seale for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and you'd have given me another pseudologicical, backward-worked, contrived reason why it's perfectly reasonable for Netanyahu to be chased off and Seale to be lauded.

Now you're further devolving into a persecution syndrome. Sorry man, I pity you. Not only do you believe in stuff that is certifiably insane, but it seems to be stuff that really bothers you too.

The world is enough of a bummer sometimes without having to concoct new ways in our own minds, I hope you snap out of it someday.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Now you're further devolving into a persecution syndrome. Sorry man, I pity you. Not only do you believe in stuff that is certifiably insane, but it seems to be stuff that really bothers you too.

The world is enough of a bummer sometimes without having to concoct new ways in our own minds, I hope you snap out of it someday.
That actually made me laugh. How in the world would this persecute me? Even back when I was in university, it was school of engineering, which does NOT invite someone to speak about his oppression. (Unless that oppression led him or her to discover some really cool math or physics.)

I do wonder at how you can possibly internally justify believing that EVERY conservative is far too evil to be heard at university whilst for example Ahmadinejad deserves to have his chance to explain why Jews need to die and Angela Davis needs to be paid to explain why America is too racist to have prisons. But I do understand that for progressives, maintaining a fiction of logic, no matter how absurd, is important for your self image. And I'm okay with that. I only worry when you guys get power. 'Cause man, ain't nobody craves power over their fellow man like progressives.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That actually made me laugh. How in the world would this persecute me? Even back when I was in university, it was school of engineering, which does NOT invite someone to speak about his oppression. (Unless that oppression led him or her to discover some really cool math or physics.)

I do wonder at how you can possibly internally justify believing that EVERY conservative is far too evil to be heard at university whilst for example Ahmadinejad deserves to have his chance to explain why Jews need to die and Angela Davis needs to be paid to explain why America is too racist to have prisons. But I do understand that for progressives, maintaining a fiction of logic, no matter how absurd, is important for your self image. And I'm okay with that. I only worry when you guys get power. 'Cause man, ain't nobody craves power over their fellow man like progressives.

This is my whole point. You don't need to wonder because the world you describe doesn't exist. I don't believe that every conservative is far to evil to be heard, nor does any other progressive I have ever met in my entire time on Earth. Not only is this common sense, but it's easily disproven by ten seconds on Google. You are inventing your own reality.

I'm going to give up now. Sadly it seems that there's no amount of reason that's going to crack through the hardened layers of delusion that you've built up around yourself. I seriously do pity you.

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
If Mumia didn't do it, then he and/or his brother knows who did and Mumia was wrongly convicted, why the silence on who did it. Same argument for Leonard Peltier.

comptr6

Feb 22, 2011

That reminds me of how Valedictorians are quite often denied the right to mention G-d in their speeches, although usually they do not go ahead and then get dragged off stage. I'm aware of that happening only once (requires two really stubborn people) but many if not most schools have a fear of offending and being sued by the ACLU over this issue.

Since progressives discovered that freedom OF religion is actually freedom FROM religion, government can and does prevent people from freely practicing their own religion. And the progressives are constantly seeking to restrict religion even more, from banning creches on public property to trying to ban creches in sight of public property, from banning official prayers to preventing graduating valedictorians from mentioning G-d in any way. It's practically the ACLU's entire reason for existence. (Of course, this only applies to Christianity.)

Most of these same left wingers have no problem banning the Boy Scouts from public buildings or prohibiting crosses from being erected on public property; Christianity for too many on the left is unconstitutional wherever the slightest hint of it can be found, yet Islam is constitutional wherever it is found. Witness support for North Carolina's state colleges which ban public scholarship funds going to religion majors as violating the separation between church and state while simultaneously requiring that EVERY incoming freshman take a course on understanding Islam. It certainly isn't the Bible-thumping right supporting that dichotomy! The old Arab axiom that the enemy of my enemy is my friend has taken firm root with liberals, who see Christianity as THE enemy and Islam as a valuable ally.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
1.) Dislike of Ann Coulter and a desire for her not to visit your campus does not mean that you are not open to dissenting viewpoints, it means that you are not open to thought free, professional, real life trolling.

LOL, talk about delusional reality! That takes the cake right there. But what I find to be most amusing is how unhinged you become simply at the mere mention of Coulter. She doesn't offer an opposing viewpoint, she's a troll!!!!11111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneinfinity........