Taxpayers On The Hook To Feed Children

Apr 27, 2012
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...unch-program-feeds-controversy-in-california/

Taxpayers are on the hook to feed children and many of these children actually come from families that make enough money but are lazy. This is just wrong and makes no sense at all.

This is another case where the government has no right to be involved and is wasting tax dollars. It is not the governments job to feed people.

This program needs to be ended since it costs taxpayers too much, Do you agree?

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Most of what modern governments do is a waste but is is done so the politicians can buy their power. The masses are too lazy and stupid to either realize it or do anything about it so don't hold your breath. The dumbing down is nearly complete.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
It's only in areas where >=50% of the children qualify for free lunches. With childhood obesity levels where they are, I'm not too upset with every child in that area having access to a good lunch. Somehow I doubt that many multimillionaires are going to be driving their kids to the ghetto for milk and a sandwich.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
When a huge company wants to buy up other huge companies and create monopolies, duopolies, etc the Republitards tell us its good for everyone because of economies of scale.

When a school district wants to give everyone a free lunch because of economies of scale its terrible.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Out of all the crap our government wastes money on, I think feeding kids... even those whose parents can afford to feed them on their own... is the least egregious.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Out of all the crap our government wastes money on, I think feeding kids... even those whose parents can afford to feed them on their own... is the least egregious.

Beat me to it.

This doesn't even make my list of things over which to get upset about the government.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
There is certainly much more the story. After all its on Foxnews.
It wouldn't surprise me that it actually saves money because they no longer have to go thru the process of checking everyones income.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
The paranoia of some people, knows no bounds. The kids get a sandwich, milk, and some fruit.

It's not like they're handing out caviar, and vol-au-vents.

If they started checking people's credentials, it would involve setting up a large administration system.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's only in areas where >=50% of the children qualify for free lunches. With childhood obesity levels where they are, I'm not too upset with every child in that area having access to a good lunch. Somehow I doubt that many multimillionaires are going to be driving their kids to the ghetto for milk and a sandwich.

Because handing out free food to people is obviously the way to combat obesity :confused:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Because handing out free food to people is obviously the way to combat obesity :confused:

For the most part, obesity is not caused from eating nutritionally balanced meals. Snacks, sugar, and highly processed carbs... combined with a lack of physical activity are what pack on the pounds.

These lunches contain a good balance of lean protein, fruit/veggies, and good carbs and fats. You don't get obese eating that once a day.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
As much money that the government throws to the banks, I have no issue feeding people.

How much did the FDIC have to pay out in 2008 - 2009?

In the grand scheme of things, I would rather the money go to the people then anywhere else.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
As much money that the government throws to the banks, I have no issue feeding people.

You mean the $34 billion cost of TARP

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/16/us-usa-tarp-cost-idUSTRE7BF1W920111216
he Congressional Budget Office said on Friday it was raising its estimate of the cost of the Troubled Asset Relief Program to $34 billion

Which also includes bailing out the car companies.

How much did the FDIC have to pay out in 2008 - 2009?

In the grand scheme of things, I would rather the money go to the people then anywhere else.

You do realize that the FDIC pays out to individuals not banks right? And that it is an insurance program that banks pay into.

And for the record the government already spends $85 billion on food stamps, and who know how much else on WIC and whatever other food programs it has.

The government spends more on food stamps every year than the cost of TARP.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006

You beat me to it. In principal I'm all for "if you can't feed em, don't breed em" but feeding kids directly is not that expensive and it's vastly superior to giving welfare benefits to their piece of shit parents. At least this way we know that the kids are benefiting and that parents aren't spending gov't money on booze, drugs and lottery tickets.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...unch-program-feeds-controversy-in-california/

Taxpayers are on the hook to feed children and many of these children actually come from families that make enough money but are lazy. This is just wrong and makes no sense at all.

This is another case where the government has no right to be involved and is wasting tax dollars. It is not the governments job to feed people.

Its funny how some people have no issues with funneling billions of dollars to a giant bloated military that accomplishes nothing, but using money to improve the lives of children is apparently over the line.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Its funny how some people have no issues with funneling billions of dollars to a giant bloated military that accomplishes nothing, but using money to improve the lives of children is apparently over the line.

1.) I would agree with you that the military needs to be cut.

2.) Funny how liberals support morality(divorce, bastard children) that causes children to have bad lives and than complain about it.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

Dude feeding kids now is the evil of the day :rolleyes:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Dude feeding kids now is the evil of the day :rolleyes:

Yes, and the damage is far reaching.

1) Parents are conditioned to not feed their kids, hey - somebody else (government) will feed them why should I pay for their food?
2) Kids grow up dependent on government for every need
3) Kid then realizes the best way to keep the government money flowing is to have multiple kids out of wedlock, this is of course taught by the parents
4) Multigenerational poverty enslavement by liberal policies is complete.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's just Incorruptibles shtick, he's a liberal/Democrat posting as a conservative. His fail comes because he has no clue about how conservatives think or feel. I not only spend my own money on helping feed kids, i also spend time and effort in doing it.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
The food stamp president is just "keeping his promise".

Ok...

You do realize this program wasn't started by Obama. And the news piece is factually wrong. The program hit its peak in 1977 with 2.8million children served when the original requirement was only 1/3 of the surrounding areas school aged children be on free/reduced lunch programs. Reagan bumped that up to 50% in 1981. FYI in 2009 there were only 2.2million children served. Last year there was 2.3million served.

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
barrack whosain obama still supports the program

So what? Feeding kids is some terrible thing? You'd support all the corporate welfare and military spending in the world, but feeding kids is some heinous abuse of taxpayer money? Get some fucking perspective.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
For the most part, obesity is not caused from eating nutritionally balanced meals. Snacks, sugar, and highly processed carbs... combined with a lack of physical activity are what pack on the pounds.

These lunches contain a good balance of lean protein, fruit/veggies, and good carbs and fats. You don't get obese eating that once a day.
What if the kid already had McDonalds but wants some free watermelon as well? He or she will get even fatter.