Tax2PDF needed

lm3

Apr 30, 2003
I am looking for this program to view some old tax returns. It is no longer available for download.

Last edited:

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
A quick search suggests this might be difficult/impossible to do. One option I found was to dl PDFCreator and "print" the file which essentially saves it as a pdf on your computer. Most of these posts were from 2008 or earlier so ymmv.

The only other option I saw was to contact the IRS and request your previous years returns.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
What is the format that the old files are in? Program that created the files?

As stated by bbhaag, the IRS can provide you copies in short or long format. Long form requires $$

nk215

Dec 4, 2008
It may be easier to get the hold of the old turbo tax to read in the files.

With luck, you may even be able to read the old turbo tax file into the turbo tax that's 2-3 years newer.

For this particular reason, I always print out a complete copy to pdf in addition to the "filed" copy to be safe.

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
I've found that it's pretty much impossible to load old Turbo Tax files without that year's program. Newer versions of TurboTax automatically save your final return to PDF. You'd probably do better scanning your old paper returns, if you still have them, into PDF.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
If more than 2-3 years old; best to request paper copy from the IRS.

Less than that time frame, you may be able to find a copy for sale via internet

McWatt

Feb 25, 2010
I imagine you can get old Turbotax versions online, maybe in some sort of site like TheBrigandCove or some variation on that. I don't think anyone's going to complain if you do so, especially since you own the program and used it when you first generated that tax return.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
All the links are dead in the thread that you linked to. All of them except the one that charges you $34.99 for the conversion.
I believe he's looking for TT2004.