Tatum O'Neal

Schrodinger

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2004
Anyone else see her on Oprah? I've seen her all over TV lately... Larry King, Oprah, Entertainment Tonight...probably more places.

She keeps sensationalising this "bad life" she's been given. Constantly bad-talking her father, ex-husband and other family. They all come out and pretty much agree she has a large imagination. Oh, how coincidental she has a new bestselling book out! :confused:

I'm sure the life of a child actor is tough but boohoo. Grow up and get over it.

And :thumbsdown: to Oprah. They totally sensationalize it all. When Tatum was using (heroin) her 7 year old found a NEEDLE.... *cue powerful music* and people in the audience start crying. A FRICKIN SEVEN YEAR OLD DOESNT HAVE A CLUE WHAT HEROIN IS.

I can't believe Oprah and her pander this trash to the world. Sadly the misguided rich b!tch wives buy into it and love dwelling on stupid crap. Are they all masochists with rampant imaginations?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Schrodinger

I can't believe Oprah and her pander this trash to the world. Sadly the misguided rich b!tch wives buy into it and love dwelling on stupid crap. Are they all masochists with rampant imaginations?

Um, I guess you are too young to remember Oprah in her early days.

She was nearly as trashy as Jerry Springer. It wasn't until quite a few years that she changed her show to try and be more respectable.

Nov 17, 2004
Many people want money and attention for saying things and doing things, people are willing to pay them and give them attention to say and do these things. I'm not interested in Tatum O'Neal, but I don't mind if other people are.

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
Tatum O'Neal isn't the first rich celebrity to try to convince everybody that they've had a hard life (hell, each edition of 'Parade' magazine in the Sunday paper has another sob story). She certainly won't be the last, either. The sad thing is the public apparently buys into the shenanigans.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
She was pretty good in Paper Moon.. I thought she just went domestic or something. Heroin, you say?

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Schrodinger

you must not tune into oprah much, i do occasionaly for laughs. it seems to me 95% of that show is a commercial for something or another. Oprah always manages to plug something every show, it is awful. It is worse than hollywood. I mean, at least they try a bit not to be so obvious.