TAS' members thread for April 2007: DPAD goes on!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Here are the stats as of April 22, 2007.

Very nice production: more than 87 million Mpts since Feb. 18! :D

Can we reach 100 000 000 Mpts before the month is over? :Q
Considering that we have produced 10 million Mpts the past week, 12 million Mpts the week before that we could try for some 13 million Mpts in the last 9 days at this project ... :thumbsup:

Please crunch some more, add some more comps, cores and produce more, More, MOre, MORe and MORE!

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
OK, I am taking down the computers in a few hours - and hope to set them up as soon as I can, probably thursday, but I hope sooner.
See you around - I will check in through my portable now and then.

C U!

Peter

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
It took me 6 hours to take down the computer farm (well, OK also to let them finish the current WU), OTOH it will probably take me only 3 to get all started again when the move is done. One comp is already at the new house, crunchong happily seti@home (Macs do not do DPAD), and the infrastructure works ...
I think the farm will be running thursday night ... or friday.
Please do not forget to vote. :thumbsup:
Take care and have some fun! :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
The voting for the May project:

1 vote _____ ABC@Home
1 vote _____ Leiden classical
1 vote _____ Rectilinear Numbers Crossing (RCN)
1 vote _____ Spinhenge@home
1 vote _____ World Community Grid
5 votes ____ total.

Please add your vote - not later, but now! :)
OTOH: if you can not vote now, please vote later.
The poll will be closed April, 30, around 21:00 UTC.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Because, better vote late than never, but also, the early voter catches the milestone! :beer:

Christian - how large are you?

Have you seen milestones here in Sweden? Quite a few are approx. 4 feet high, 2½-3 feet wide and 1 -1½ feet deep! That is more than a metric ton. (Nobody steals or moves a milestone that large just on a whim... especially when the King's name is on it and thus his property.
If you can catch that one --- then the Incredible Hulk is small!

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Hehe, to build a bridge to another thread, a BlackMountainCow with support from a trout high on Limoncello can catch almost everything! :p;)

Or at least the Limoncello makes her think she can :D

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
I voted the other day. Yes, we need more votes, or it'll be one of "those" months. :)

jim

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I voted for RCN because I plan to crunch there next month regardless of the vote. I'm just hoping I'll have some company!