TAS-member thread: December 2005

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
It's so nice when people talk about their children. Especially when it is with so much love! :heart:

My turn! :D

I had one of those "moment" evenings last night. I spent a couple hours at the school in the meeting for the marching band. My son is marching in the Rose Bowl Parade in a couple weeks!

Look for them: Ben Davis High School Marching Band - Indianapolis, Indiana

But that wasn't really the misty part. Danny and I are extremely close. (His mom left when he was in diapers and it has been he and I ever since.) Last night it really began to sink in that this time next year he will be living at the University. My little baby boy turned into a young MAN when I wasn't looking.

By blessing this night was that he (18 years old or not) welcomed the big hug he got! I'm a lucky man. :)

-Sid

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Hey Sid, that 68 points was probably only 11% into a 600 pointer.

And:

GOOOOOO! TAS

EDIT: I see that you are blessed :)

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
Originally posted by: GLeeM
Hey Sid, that 68 points was probably only 11% into a 600 pointer.

And:

GOOOOOO! TAS

I think you're right. I think I was probably not scrolled to the end of fahlog.txt and was drawing the wrong conclusions. :confused:

-Sid

PS: You're going to have to yell.... or throw me a line and tow me a little. TAS is starting to pull away... FAST! (KUDOS!)

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
wow Sid, 18 year old. :Q

hey, isn't that the legal age for crunching? :p

i'll be watching for the s/n "moreInsidious"

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
We intend to assimmilate the entire dormatory!

Well I want to assimilate the PCs... we won't discuss what HE wants to assimmilate! :cool:

-Sid

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
:D Oh, good, lets asslaminate a whole dorm! Havn't done that in ages :) ;)

OTOH: new stats are up in the HSR-thread. TAS is still ahead by some 7K points! :)

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
Originally posted by: petrusbroder

I thought we weren't going to discuss what my kid wants..... LMAO :shocked: LMAO

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Insidious

I thought we weren't going to discuss what my kid wants..... LMAO :shocked: LMAO

You said that, I didn't. There are no dorms within the closest 1000 miles from my place :) ;)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
TAS-members: please get those crunchers on line and the WUs out! Today is half-time-stats time! Lets do some good showing, OK? ;) :p :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
The half-way stats are up - look in the HSR-thread. :)

TAS-F@H is still ahead - and has increased it's lead some what! :D

The Folders are courting a new member (ProviaFan) but even if his points are added, TAS would still lead the race.

I am not so sure we can win it - they may have some tricks up their sleeves ...

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
outstanding, thanks Peter :)

almost time for a new poll on next months project as well :p that and christmas, new years.... all kinds of free time :p

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
You are very right. I will put up a poll thius week end. :D

There is also a challenge from Free-DC and from Dutch Power Cows - please think about that too! :)

Look out for the poll after Sunday evening @ TAS-forum! ;)

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004

There is also a challenge from Free-DC and from Dutch Power Cows - please think about that too! :)

you mean the rosetta challenge?

i have no problem with that although i doubt we'll make a big difference in the scheme of things. but you wouldn't have to ask me twice to run rosetta 100% ;)

i tried that simap for a while but i dunno. i have to see if i ever get credit for my second day of production :confused:

it also dominated my boinc. even though i had rosetta set to 90% and simap 10%, the whole second day i didn't see rosetta run until i suspended simap. of course that could be user error (considering the source :p ) but i don't know how i could've screwed that up. my resource allotments worked for every other combo.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001

You wouldn't have to twist my arm to run Rosetta!

I haven't seen a project like this since my Distributed Folding days! Anything we can do to light a fire here... IM IN! :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
BTW: in today's stats TAS is still ahead. Take a look at the milestone makers ---- in the race thread! ;)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Stats update: TAS is somewhat behind - but the Folders needed to add 3 crunchers to achieve that. TAS got one new member to the mini-team. Please see the race-thread! :D

Tomorrow a new poll - about the January project - will come up! Please spread the word! :thumbsup:

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
Thanks Peter :cool:

(It's all because I finally finished a WU :roll: )

-Sid

wwwwwwwwwooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd (<-- Spread the word :p )

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Insidious
You wouldn't have to twist my arm to run Rosetta!

I haven't seen a project like this since my Distributed Folding days! Anything we can do to light a fire here... IM IN! :D

If I remember right, TAS lit the fire for Rosetta in October just after it started. Didn't we help the TeAm pass Baker Labs Team? Has anybody looked how far back Baker Labs is now?

If Malaria Control Project is taking new accounts soon, I would like to run that. It will only be sending work for a short while before it is all done. And I am definately going to run it as soon as it is taking new members! The wife of a missionary to Benin that I know is still suffering from effects of Malaria, not good :(

Check it out: A short-time opportunity to save lives now! Well, when it starts up that is ;)

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Thanks Peter :)

Time to put some thought into what TAS should run next month!