Targus Laptop Cases at Big Lots: $17.99

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Just bought two for me and one for a co-worker.

Big Lots/Odd Lots/McFrugal is selling three different Targus laptop bags (advertised on Nat'l Television).

I've looked up these cases on Targus.com and found that the "thinner" one that they sell (two compartment) retails for $79.99 and the other two they sell (a Top-Loading Air Universal Case and an Imitation Leather Universal Notebook Case) retails for $99.99.

All three are $17.99 each while they last. ;)

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
B&M = Bargain Madness?

No. Different retailer. Same concept.

Big Lots is just Big Lots, Odd Lots, McFrugal and Pic N' Save.

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Oh! OK. Because there's a similar type store in New England called B&M Bargain Madness. :)

Yes... It's "Brick and Mortar", although down here in Florida, they're typically "Concrete and Stucko".

You guys need to get out more anyway. Online shopping is NOT the only way to score a bargain. ;)

im2smrt4u

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Ah, over here on the west coast we don't have any "Big Lots" stores, but we do have Pic N' Save! :D

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Over on the West Coast, you DO have Big Lots!

Here's a list of the ones just being refurbished:

Californiua: Antioch, Campbell, Carmichael, Ceres, Chico, Citrus Heights, Clovis, Concord, Dublin, Fairfield, Fresno, Hanford, Hayward, Lodi, Lompoc, Madera, Merced, Milpitas, Modesto, Newark, Novato, Oakland, Rancho Cordova, Redding, Redwood City, Roseville, Sacramento, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, San Leandro, San Pablo, Santa Clara, Santa Maria, Santa Rosa, Stockton, Tracy, Tulare, Turlock, Ukiah, Vacaville, Vallejo, Visalia, Watsonville, Yuba City

Oregon: Albany, Beaverton, Grants Pass, Gresham, Hermiston, Medford, Roseburg, Salem

Washington: Kennewick, Richland, Vancouver

That doesn't even include the older stores that aren't getting a face lift (they're adding an exclaimation point to the sign up front).

Snyder81

Jan 20, 2000
Not to drag this thread up, but I'll try to swing by the Big Lots in Kennewick, WA this weekend and see if these things are really any good. Thanks for the post!

shawnman

Mar 14, 2001
I was able to pick one up here in IN. Nice deal considering Targus cases can easily run $80-90