Target has Logitech M315 mice for $7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbroussard

Sep 2, 2001
nice. 2 years ago I bought 3 of those. Have since got some M$ mobile 400's which are not quite up to these, so I think I'll get some of these.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
nice. 2 years ago I bought 3 of those. Have since got some M$ mobile 400's which are not quite up to these, so I think I'll get some of these.

really? i just tried mine. the black one. the tracking was kinda weird, it seemed like it had hardware precision pointing built in. i thought at first it felt fine, but on my micro suede couch it wasnt very good at all.

went back to my mobile mouse 4000 and all is great again. i dont think the blue track optics can be beat. i seem to go through a AA battery every 2 months but who cares... it works so well

pbroussard

Sep 2, 2001
Well that was one of the 2 issues i had about the 4000, battery life and wheel. You need a new couch... :)

Oh, and Logitech doesn't demand installing a suite of apps for their mice and keyboards...

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Well that was one of the 2 issues i had about the 4000, battery life and wheel. You need a new couch... :)

Oh, and Logitech doesn't demand installing a suite of apps for their mice and keyboards...

microsoft doesnt require it either. my 4000 works great with integrated drivers.

i just tried again, and the logitech does not track as well on various surfaces. bluetrack is tops, there is just no doubt about it in my eyes. it makes sense, because most mice use a laser with one single focus point to track... where bluetrack floods the area with blue light that contrasts well to many types of surfaces. then a optical reader can scan the surface for tracking movements. much, much greater surface area being analyzed, producing much more precision control.

not trying to crap on my own hot deals or anything, these are good basic mice, but i just dont see how theyre anywhere near a bluetrack mouse..

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
oops, forgot to mention the sale was till the 22nd. i noticed that in store, which is what compelled me to buy 3. two for mom, and one for me to try. that one i tried is now a backup :D

The0ne

Jan 3, 2006
This doesn't have the tilt on the wheel if you need for forward/backward, which I highly recommend getting. Wait for the 305 or 325 to go on sale for $10 or so.

Great price for this model though.

Status
Not open for further replies.