TankGuys

MWForrest

Aug 22, 2007
Just want to know if these guys are reliable. I am about to purchase an OEM e8400. Deciding between the cheaper TankGuys and the slightly more expensive TigerDirect. Unless someone can point me in a cheaper direction. :)

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
how much cheaper is it than newegg/chiefvalue and zipzoomfly, clubit? thats where i usually buy from, if its within a few bucks i definately wouldn't mind paying more for newegg or the others for guaranteed better customer service

Tweakin

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2000
I've bought a couple of items from TankGuys back when the Opteron rush was on...never had a problem.

MWForrest

Aug 22, 2007
Newegg is actually cheaper, but they sold out within hours =

Tankguys is 220 without tax and Tigerdirect is 227 without tax. Not a huge dif, but a dollar is a dollar ;) Ill check out those other places too.

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
I got my Q6600 from them when they were hard to get. Upstanding guys. :thumbsup:

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
tankguys is at least as good as TD or anybody other than the egg imho. I've bought from many online companies over the years and SEEN a ton of posts about different companies, and I've yet to have a complaint about tankguys or see anybody complain about them. They're used to doing the volume, too, so if you see a deal on their site you can rest assured that it's not one of those "bait 'n wait" jobs like so many online vendors try. :thumbsup:

I checked that resellerratings link for tank guys: 147 responses, 9.88 avg, data goes back almost 3 years. This info verifies what I've seen/heard about them.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
TG is awesome.

I'm an occasional buyer from them, as they've even shipped stuff up to me in Canada.

Nothing but :thumbsup: for them ;)

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003
Tank Guys are good, I try to send business their way when possible

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
They have a good reputation, I hear customer support is better than most, and they seem to have the latest hot products lately.

They score a lot of brownie points in my book for frequenting several popular tech forums, too :)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: TankGuys
Originally posted by: MWForrest
Just want to know if these guys are reliable. I am about to purchase an OEM e8400. Deciding between the cheaper TankGuys and the slightly more expensive TigerDirect. Unless someone can point me in a cheaper direction. :)

Ah, from what I hear they do a reasonable job ;)

When in doubt:

http://www.resellerratings.com...ter_Parts_tankguys_biz

LOL!

But i will speak on behalf of these guys.

There great, and ive bought a few chips from them. And if there prices are great, i will definitely buy from them again.

Oh there also one of the few stores that promised a G0 stepping if you bought it. Not many people will PROMISE in full faith. Most will say yea yea yea, and its still a gamble.

sgrinavi

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2007
Orderd from TG twice, stand-up guys and personal service. Worth a few extra buckaroos....

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Their customer service seems to be a level up on everybody else. The fact that you got a response in this thread from Tankguys within a half hour is testiment to that. I haven't had the pleasure of buying from them yet, but I frequent alot of tech and overclocking forums and Ben and the Tankguys avatar is everywhere.

From listing the steppings he sells, to managing preorders for the latest greatest part everybody wants, and even explaining his pricing policies and supplier relationships, you just don't get that type of interaction and service from other vendors.

Ben and tankguys are tops around here

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
what aigo is talking about is that tank guys allowed you to reserve a g0 stepping Q6600 back in july 07. They went to great lengths to explain their policy and did a fantastic job of GUARANTEEING and then DELIVERING the G0 chips. Most sites (including newegg) to this day still don't guarantee G0 quads, though I can't imagine that there are many b3's left. I still wish that I would have just been patient and gone that route...though I might think differently if I can get over 3.6 ghz on that X3350...:)

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
Originally posted by: TankGuys
Ah, from what I hear they do a reasonable job ;)

When in doubt:

http://www.resellerratings.com...ter_Parts_tankguys_biz

Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
Their customer service seems to be a level up on everybody else. The fact that you got a response in this thread from Tankguys within a half hour is testiment to that...

LOL. I think the case is closed. I've been checking them out for a while. I'll likely get my next CPU from them.

Man, they carry all the OEM chips, just like the good ol' days. Ijust wind up recycling the crummy Intel coolers anyway. Those guys seriously rock.

THEY HAVE TRAY E8400s FOR $209! They're Here! They do seem a little limited in their memory offerings, though... no 4 GB kits and not too many brands. NewEgg still rules in that department.

My birthday is a couple days away... I must resist...

venusiansky

Jan 28, 2008
I recently placed my first order with them. I am still waiting for Q9450 retail that I pre-ordered. They seem like good guys. They were very quick and friendy in response to my inquiries on the order status. It is killing me that I could of got the OEM chip from them already, but I pre-ordered what they had listed, which was only the retail.

MWForrest

Aug 22, 2007
Thanks a ton guys, I appreciate the good feedback. I'll purchase an E8400 from them this afternoon, when I get back from vacation ;) Hopefully they aren't sold out buy then, I'd be sad :(

imbasic

Aug 14, 2007
Yep a xeon 3110 retail 214.99 is on it's way to my doorstep from Tankguys.

Thanks Tankguys! :)

bka4u2c

Mar 17, 2006
Another happy customer here. I placed two orders with them so far. Got my Q9450 from them this week. I live in the same state as them so I have to pay sales tax but with the cheapeast shipping I still got it the next day.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
There's a TankGuy on this forum actually, he pops up here and there on all HD forums in fact. Seems pretty straight forward person and many likes their services. I remember they had some hard to get stuff like when C2D first introduced. but I find their price most often not the absolutely lowest.

MWForrest

Aug 22, 2007
Just placed me OEM E8400 order with them :) Can't wait! I just got all the other parts, all I'm missing is this!

jazzpicker

Sep 2, 2006
I ordered an Intel E8400 yesterday (sunday) in the afternoon 3/30 from tankguys and used Google checkout. $209 +reasonable shipping. I had a tracking number and shipping notice within 4 hours on a fricking weekend which really impressed me. They show a solid 10 on resellers ratings. You can't beat that.

One other thing, I tthought I saw a one year warranty for the E8400 OEM on the Tankguys website but check before you buy, OEM warranties usually are 3 months.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: nyker96
There's a TankGuy on this forum actually, he pops up here and there on all HD forums in fact. Seems pretty straight forward person and many likes their services. I remember they had some hard to get stuff like when C2D first introduced. but I find their price most often not the absolutely lowest.

I was going to mention this. As I recall, the guy was pretty cool and helpful.