Tampa megachurch pastor arrested after leading packed services despite 'safer-at-home' orders

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019

Yeah, yeah, Christians are being persecuted (thanks Obama).

But, here is the BEST part of this story;

On Sunday, Howard-Browne defended his decision to keep the church open in a video posted to his YouTube channel, claiming the building had the technology to eradicate any virus.

"We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place," Howard-Browne said. "If they sneeze it shoots it down like at 100 miles per hour and it will neutralize it in a split second."

Machines!! 13 machines that kill EVERY virus in place!!

Wow!! Such powerful machines!!

What a time to be alive!!

... wait, this religious leader wouldn't by LYING at a time like this to exploit fears and take people's money... would he?

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Why are so many so desperate to believe anything? You should see the look on their faces when I explain to them that I teach Math because it is the only truth.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Seems like people exercise the same irrational faith every time they go to the store these days.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The irony of the fact that people ignore a real thing (COVID-19) to go and beg (pray) to the imaginary thing (any god) to save them from the real threat (COVID-19).

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Sorry but organized religion is mental masturbation performed for an audience.

This pastor is an exhibitionist of this fiction and doesn't care if feeding his routine costs lives. He's probably got a tax exempt lifestyle to support. Those extra houses, cars and private jets don't buy themselves folks.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
your belief sounds eerily familiar....

That sounds eerily like a post from one who thinks atheism is a religion. *insert abstinence/sex position comparison here*

Can you name any religion or belief system that enjoys the certitude that math does? Or are you another deist who gets irked when people use the term "truth" the correct way?

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Yeah, yeah, Christians are being persecuted (thanks Obama).

But, here is the BEST part of this story;

Machines!! 13 machines that kill EVERY virus in place!!

Wow!! Such powerful machines!!

What a time to be alive!!

... wait, this religious leader wouldn't by LYING at a time like this to exploit fears and take people's money... would he?
Sounds like electrostatic cig smoke filters.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Doesn't this sound just like Trump and his supporters have treated COVID-19? Trump changed his tune when the stock market tanked but his morons are still fighting the last war.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Evangelical pastors all need to hire an IT guy who can setup a live stream and an online collection plate. ATers should be making bank on this!!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Doesn't this sound just like Trump and his supporters have treated COVID-19? Trump changed his tune when the stock market tanked but his morons are still fighting the last war.

Losing all the gains of the last three years, that must be a kick in the mushroom for a guy who thinks he's a gift to Wall Street.

You'd think a guy trying to sell the narrative of being 'a war president' would actually take war a little more seriously, but then this is Cadet Bonespurs we're talking about. Corona seems to be inspiring the same amount of duty in the "man" that the Vietnam War did.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Evangelical pastors all need to hire an IT guy who can setup a live stream and an online collection plate. ATers should be making bank on this!!

"Are you saying my soul can be saved by Jesus while I'm in my underwear drinking my morning coffee?!"

How's that for something that will never return to the old pre-covid days. People think telework is a big deal, how about tele-SALVATION!

• Haha
Reactions: ivwshane

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sorry but organized religion is mental masturbation performed for an audience.

This pastor is an exhibitionist of this fiction and doesn't care if feeding his routine costs lives. He's probably got a tax exempt lifestyle to support. Those extra houses, cars and private jets don't buy themselves folks.

Churches around here have been closed before Cuomo issued his "ten points".

I'm not certain his insurance would cover lawsuits nor would freedom of religion protect him in court concerning an "act of God". There's irony.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
"Are you saying my soul can be saved by Jesus while I'm in my underwear drinking my morning coffee?!"

How's that for something that will never return to the old pre-covid days. People think telework is a big deal, how about tele-SALVATION!

Wait until evangelicals get to the part of the bible that says god is everywhere. You don't even need some shyster in a fancy suit.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And here I thought straight thinking Christian folks would have learned their lesson from all those Pastors who turned out to be Posers.

And those disgraced pastors are the stupid ones who fooled themselves into thinking that with God as their savior, why they could enrich themselves any 'ol which way they felt.

We now have a newer crop of Pastor Posers who've learned from the mistakes of the stupid ones and are gleefully digging into the wallets, credit cards and checkbooks of their faithful followers with more cleverness, style and pizzazz because God gave them their gift to do just that so it must be all good.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Good. We should be arresting or fining anyone not sheltering in place or ignoring social distancing at this point.