Tampa Electric (TECO) really lights me up.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
THERE IS NO WAY TO GET TO A HUMAN BEING TO DISCUSS YOUR BILL!

I got a bill saying that if I didn't pay by yesterday the power would be cut. I'm a forgetful idiot, I forgot to pay by yesterday. I spent the last half an hour calling every phone number they have listed in an attempt to get to a HUMAN BEING I could discuss my bill with instead of the idiotic automated system that tells me my balance. Every single option given that's even related to billing redirects you to the same stupid automated system.

I ended up pushing a random number and got to a set up new service rep or something, who was then able to connect me to billing (I was surprised it even existed). She told me as long as I paid it online today by 6 PM I'd be ok. All that fuss over nothing.

edit: I was shocked when I saw the thread title. Profanity is currently NOT allowed in titles or topic summaries. Watt I did is replaced it with bad puns. I didn't spend much time thinking of them, so don't give me any static. -DrPizza

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Gotcha. If I ever live in Tampa, I will not use their electric company.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
hitting 0 has worked on every system I've used.

Hitting or saying 0 and yelling representative, operator, or "GIVE A HUMAN YOU PIECE OF SHIT" gave me "I'm sorry, I didn't understand your request"

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
don't worry, FPL sucks just as much down here in Sarasota

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
There's a site out there that has a list of how to get through to a human for a bunch of companies. (Of course, I'm sure that by now the companies have been proactive, so have changed their phone systems in order to reduce the possibility that you actually get to talk to someone.)

Here's some stuff I found: here
and here

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
The puns gave me that little jolt of humor I needed.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Is tampa still under florida power ?
My grandfather was part of the first lineman crew they ever had.
There were only 6 guys on the entire crew.
I got a picture of him and the other 5 guys standing in front of the one truck they had , looks like back in the 1950's.

He died about 20 years ago, but my grandmother is still living off the stocks he bought then.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why aren't you set up with automatic bill pay? I have it set up with TECO. I still get a paper bill about 2 weeks before it's due, but they automatically debit my account.

Where in Tampa do you live?

I live off of Gunn/linebaugh

Mark

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Is tampa still under florida power ?
My grandfather was part of the first lineman crew they ever had.
There were only 6 guys on the entire crew.
I got a picture of him and the other 5 guys standing in front of the one truck they had , looks like back in the 1950's.

He died about 20 years ago, but my grandmother is still living off the stocks he bought then.

No - TECO.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: SuperSix
Why aren't you set up with automatic bill pay? I have it set up with TECO. I still get a paper bill about 2 weeks before it's due, but they automatically debit my account.

Mark

Fletcher and I-75, you're more in Tampa then I am; technically I live in "Temple Terrace."

LOL at the title edit, my bad, I didn't know it was against the rules :(

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
Originally posted by: SuperSix

Mark

Fletcher and I-75, you're more in Tampa then I am; technically I live in "Temple Terrace."

LOL at the title edit, my bad, I didn't know it was against the rules :(

I used to live in Palm Lake Apts--Fletcher and...hmm..36th? Right next to USF. Is that bike shop (I think) still on Fletcher near I-75? They used to have some of the funniest sign boards.