Taliban alive and well in South Dakota - House Passes Bill Criminalizing Abortions

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
How does this realte to the taliban? are you saying that this is an oppressive law? how about the idiot mother imposing her will on an unborn child, hows that for oppressive?

oh well, honestly, i dont care one way or the other about abortion. its not my decision, and i dont have to live with any of the consequences of having an abortion.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
I mean come on. Is this really a suprise when over 50% of americans do not support abortion(48% do).

It is inevitable that abortion will be redirected. The Supreme Court will eventually make another ruling(and final) on this. Its just a matter of when, and who is on the court.

This is just the first stepping stone to get the case redirected.

Capital Punishment will eventually be redirected too. Probably before abortion.

IMHO, both abortion and capital punishment will be declared unconstitutional.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: charrison
it is a law based on religious morals

sad to see the US go that way

One could easily say that it is based on science.

how so?

Are you saying life does not begin at conception? If it does not, at what can the fetus be considered alive? Only after birth? The point at which medical technology can save a premature baby? Where does the line get drawn?

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

how so?

scientific evidence shows that ending the life of something(such as...a baby) is killing it.

Funny how none of you pro-lifers stick up for the enviroment when people blatently "kill" the planet we live on.

And having an abortion is infanticide? What a joke, seriously. Science also shows that abortion isn't really "killing" considering the baby at say...2 weeks...rea.lly has no feeling or as developed of a mind as a baby in the latter stages of pregnancy.

how about the idiot mother imposing her will on an unborn child, hows that for oppressive?

How about the jack*** that raped the "idiot" mother?

But I have to agree with you on one thing...it isn't your decision, it is a woman's decision. 50 year old men may think they know what's best for a 16 year old pregant girl but they DON'T.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003

Are you saying life does not begin at conception? If it does not, at what can the fetus be considered alive? Only after birth? The point at which medical technology can save a premature baby? Where does the line get drawn?

of course life does not begin at conception! just because those cells are dividing does not mean they are alive!! that would be like saying a tree starts growing from a seed...

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

how so?

I'm not sure where the line is.
Then there is the other side of the story, what if science would say that a mother would die if she had the baby and very likely the baby would also die. What would the laws say?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
What do anti-abortion people do to help the Mothers raise these children?

Do you donate time and money to track down deadbeat dads

Do you donate time and money to adoption agencies

Do you donate time and money to rape crisis centers or spousal abuse clinics?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

how so?

I'm not sure where the line is.
Then there is the other side of the story, what if science would say that a mother would die if she had the baby and very likely the baby would also die. What would the laws say?

I don't think anyone would have a problem in life threatening situations, especially since it wouldn't be "elective".

CkG

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: wkabel23 How about the jack*** that raped the "idiot" mother?

But I have to agree with you on one thing...it isn't your decision, it is a woman's decision. 50 year old men may think they know what's best for a 16 year old pregant girl but they DON'T.

yes, killing a baby because of rape makes perfect sense.

so since your unposted scientific evidence says at 2 weeks "it" is not really a baby does that mean aFTER 2 weeks "it" IS a baby?

that seems odd, genetic studies show even before 2 weeks the devoloping fetus is "human"

real simple

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: dahunan

yes

yes

yes

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK
Originally posted by: dahunan

yes

yes

yes

If you are not claiming taxes as = to the time and money I am referring to then Thank you very much for helping.

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
that seems odd, genetic studies show even before 2 weeks the devoloping fetus is "human"

real simple

Thank you captian obvious. Did you really need a genetic study to figure out a bunch of developing cells in a human body are, (surprise surprise) human?

And which of those photos shows a human fetus at 2 weeks?

shiftomnimega

Feb 3, 2004
Abortion isn't directly covered in the constitution.

All matters not directly covered in the constitution are up to the state.

Roe v Wade shouldn't have ever gone federal.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: digitalsm
I mean come on. Is this really a suprise when over 50% of americans do not support abortion(48% do).

It is inevitable that abortion will be redirected. The Supreme Court will eventually make another ruling(and final) on this. Its just a matter of when, and who is on the court.

This is just the first stepping stone to get the case redirected.

Capital Punishment will eventually be redirected too. Probably before abortion.

IMHO, both abortion and capital punishment will be declared unconstitutional.

It doesn't work that way. Far less than 50% still support affirmative action and that was ruled constitutional less than eight months ago. Supreme Court does not, and for the most part has never, ruled on popular opinion. That is why they are appointed for life with virtually no chance of being removed for political reasons or their own resignation.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I grew up in South Dakota, it's the will of all the teenage moms & dads that married early, had a baby & feel it's wrong to have an abortion, voicing their opinions through the state legislators.

It's also heavily Catholic, and the Catholic church is pretty ruthless in trying to have it's beliefs legislated into law so everyone can follow them. (I went to a Catholic University, & am protestant).

Sort of weird, liberals (Democratic Catholics) & right wing conservatives alike agree on the abortion issue up north.

Glad I live in Texas where abortion is legal, but not sex toys:confused:

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: shiftomnimega
Abortion isn't directly covered in the constitution.

All matters not directly covered in the constitution are up to the state.

Roe v Wade shouldn't have ever gone federal.

IIRC it was loosely covered by the constitution due to past Supreme Court rulings that expanded what falls under "interstate commerce".

The case will be redirected, and the pro choice group will lose in some form. Either out right, or partial with the Supreme Court ruling states would not be violating the constitution if they made it illegal. In which case all but the handful of Democrat states would promptly ban it.

Like I said, this South Dakota bill, is just the stepping stone to challenging Roe V Wade.

But I still think Capital Punishment will be redirected well before abortion.

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001

It's not based on morals. It's based on logic. It's undefeatable logic. Abortion stops the process of life that has already been set into motion. Abortion is MURDER. Let me repeat. Abortion is MURDER. The only exception is when the mother's life is at serious risk. People that have abortions are MURDERERS.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
The religious right is all about protecting the rights of those unborn children living inside single, inner-city mothers. Once the kid is born, who cares though right? Lets under-fund their education, relegate them to life in the ghetto, and force them to play basketball as it's their only hope. Of course this country desperately needs more uneducated, single-mothers. If they outlaw abortion here, people will just go to Canada or Mexico to get it done... well maybe not Mexico.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: FrodoB

It's not based on morals. It's based on logic. It's undefeatable logic. Abortion stops the process of life that has already been set into motion. Abortion is MURDER. Let me repeat. Abortion is MURDER. The only exception is when the mother's life is at serious risk. People that have abortions are MURDERERS.

I hope you are just as outraged by the murders that have been comitted on our behalf every day in Iraq and Afghanastan for the last several years...