Taking the SAT

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
I never took the SAT in high school and some of the colleges I am looking to transfer to next year require that I submit my scores. How would I go about taking the test as a 23 year old JC student?

Jackhammerz

Jan 25, 2004
The test is not hard. I just hope that you have a Saturday mornin to waste. When i took it several years ago (Dang I am old), the test started at 8 am didn't finish til like 1. I don't think you really need to study for it if you been in college. Good Luck passin it.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Just make sure you take it THIS YEAR. The test is about to undergo a COMPLETE rewrite and restructuring and will be nowhere near as easy (It'll be a content-based test)

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Jackhammerz
The test is not hard. I just hope that you have a Saturday mornin to waste. When i took it several years ago (Dang I am old), the test started at 8 am didn't finish til like 1. I don't think you really need to study for it if you been in college. Good Luck passin it.

I'm not too worried about taking the actual test, just a requirement. I don't see any reason I can't put out at least a 1250 or so, if not higher.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Just make sure you take it THIS YEAR. The test is about to undergo a COMPLETE rewrite and restructuring and will be nowhere near as easy (It'll be a content-based test)

I heard that will be easier, because they are putting writing part in it. so you can just write some bs

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: DaWhim
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

I heard that will be easier, because they are putting writing part in it. so you can just write some bs

The average student's BS-writing skills are nowhere near as well developed as they should be.

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
It will be harder for those that "study for the SAT" (i.e. take a Princeton Review class to learn specific techniques for stuff like quantitative comparison and analogies, which will be gone, thankfully) but easier for those that just know math and english. They're getting rid of the stupid, pointless sections basically, and adding a writing section which will probably be comparably stupid to the SAT II Writing test (which has a mind-numbingly easy essay). I've heard that as a result, they will be getting rid of the SAT II writing, but that's only important for high-schoolers, not yourself.

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
plan on taking it a few times to get a good score. I took it my first time, got a 1280 (800 on math, mind you), second time 1330, 3rd time i studied verbal and got a 1530.