Take the job offer or no?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

If you were in situation, what would you do?

• Take the offer

• Decline the offer

• Other (Please elaborate)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CombatChuk

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2000
So what part of IT do you actually work in? Are you a

Network Engineer?
System Admin?
Security Guy?

I work in Telecom, and the horror stories I hear about AT&T (and Level 3) are ridiculous, F-them and go on the trip. If you have actual skills and experience you should easily be able to find another offer.

a1strank

Aug 18, 2004
So what part of IT do you actually work in? Are you a

Network Engineer?
System Admin?
Security Guy?

I work in Telecom, and the horror stories I hear about AT&T (and Level 3) are ridiculous, F-them and go on the trip. If you have actual skills and experience you should easily be able to find another offer.

Kind of half in network and half in security.

I am going to take the offer and travel later guys and thanks for all your comments.

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
IMO I am only talking of people who have a BS in CS from a top 20-50 US university.

And IMO of them, good means top 5% of the batch.

And such people easily get 75-100k base at 22/23.

Lol.

You're going to make all CS undergrads severely disappointed after graduation. Don't get me wrong, it pays well, but let's not take the PhD base salary at 27/28 and apply to someone who is getting a BS.

Last edited:

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Not sure if the last two posts are serious or not.

I don't know many 40 year olds making more than 100k, and I'm not in a cheap area.

Most of my friends would be delighted with 60k at 25.

Ditto, don't know how the hell 60k is NOT good pay...

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
At your age and stage in life, I say work to live, not vice versa.

You might never have such an opportunity again. As mentioned, after 25 people get careers, married, kids. Life changes entirely, and the time available for such adventures simply disappears.

IMO, other opportunities to shackle yourself to an employer will come along. Also, have you considered using ATT's offer as leverage to improve your position with your current employer?

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
After you finish put your stuff on career builder and monster. You will get calls plenty of them. Especially if you have some experience from your current job