Taisol CEK733092 Socket A Heatsink for P3s? yes!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Losty

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
sorry...it was $11.59 each...
well...i was refering to the cek733...
i bought a 5 of them...
invoice says 9.04 unit price...
shipping was about $9

total: 57.93
$11.59 each...

Losty

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
i just bent the clips with my thumbs...lightly...downward...holding the bottom of the heat sink with my fingers...it worked fine...

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
You shouldn't loosen it for use on a Duron/T-bird. It is believed that one reason the taisol's do perform so well despite their relatively weaker fan and smaller size compared to alpha's is that their clip provides a near perfect amount of pressure on the cpu.

Mike

Losty

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
i just LIGHTLY bent them...because i couldn't put it on...i tilted the clip all the way toward the clip holder but it wasn't clipping it...so i decided to slightly bend it a lil bit until it hooked onto the clip..that way i could hook up the other side...it might be different for others...i've put on 4 .. and only had to bend one...

ss284

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, mike mentioned bending the thing because he mounted it on a p3, which has a higher core, instead of a thunderbird.

I really dont want to chip my p3 700 =)

Steve

techwanabe

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Mikewarrior2, I'm going to go ahead and order one of those Taisol CEK733092 HSFs through Ryan on the Hot Deals thread. I've gotten an email from him finally so now all I have to do is figure out how he wants to be paid. It looks like a great deal and solution.

Anyway, I really don't want to screw up my CPU right now, can't affort a replacement. So I want to properly make the modifications the clip which you've described. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, if I know what needs to be done. Are you aware of any picture I can refer to, to see how its done? A picture is worth a thousand words so they say.

Thanx

Losty

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
how much is he charging? i had one on the hot deals a week ago for 12 plus shipping ... no one wanted it...

Vpham97

Sep 15, 2000

<< how much is he charging? i had one on the hot deals a week ago for 12 plus shipping ... no one wanted it... >>

I kept on getting PM from peoples who though I was the one doing the group buy. They kept on asking to buy some HSF from me.

Losty

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
hehe..i think it's cuz your post...vpham..i thought you were doing a group by back than too...
i'm not saying it's a bad hsf...i have the 734...i like it...but...no one...wanted to buy it...seriously...oh well...i gave away 2...to some friends of mine...and sold a couple...still have one left if anyone wants it...

techwanabe

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Ok, Mikewarrior2,

Maybe it'll be self explanatory when I get the HSF. I'm sending out my Money Order for the bulk order. So hopefully I'll have it in less than a week.

Here is a creative suggestion. Can you use MS Paint or something like that to draw a simple diagram or picture of the clip before and after the modification, or something like that. You could email it as an attachment to me or post it somewhere.

Thanx

Tonec

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
I just replaced a gorb with the taisol on a celeron2533>800 on a Abit slocketIII. Its a tight but not enough to cause problems. The far side of the socket370 has a small capacitor that will be very close to the base of the hsf and the sides of the taisol will come in contact with the bottom plastic casing. As long as you're careful while attaaching the hsf, you shouldn't have any problems.