Tabula Rasa Beta codes (not sign-ups)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Anyone know how to use higher grade ammo in your weapons? I bought some, but I can't figure out how to use it. It just sits there in my inventory. I asked a million times in the game, and all I get is stupid answers like "you can use any ammo." Great, that's not what I asked! I want to know HOW! Please, someone!

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi
Played a bit tonight. Still not as FPS as I would have liked, but it is interesting. Haven't done any readin yet so I have no idea of which classes to go for or where I should be putting my ability points and stuff yet.

but you do get a pretty nice shotgun by the end of the tutorial, and can that be bad :)

It's about as close as FPS as you can get [view seems to be limited to 3rd person or behind the shoulder]. I'm really enjoying this game so far...

Shotgun rocks in close combat, the electrical power ability / rifle are very nice ranged dmg dealers. Looking forward to leveling up so I can use a chaingun. :)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I think I hit level 4 when I quit. One thing I'd like to see changed is the graphics of the powers, I've used lightning a couple of times but haven't really seen much of a visual from it.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
I can get this from NCSoft how?

See the link I posted in a reply a bit above...

Originally posted by: coloumb
Played a bit tonight. Still not as FPS as I would have liked, but it is interesting. Haven't done any readin yet so I have no idea of which classes to go for or where I should be putting my ability points and stuff yet.

but you do get a pretty nice shotgun by the end of the tutorial, and can that be bad :)

It's about as close as FPS as you can get [view seems to be limited to 3rd person or behind the shoulder]. I'm really enjoying this game so far...

Shotgun rocks in close combat, the electrical power ability / rifle are very nice ranged dmg dealers. Looking forward to leveling up so I can use a chaingun. :)

Heh, the chaingun is fun, but it burns through ammo too fast, especially given the cost of the ammo. Just wait till you get a laser chaingun... OMG LAZERS PEW PEW PEW!!!111!!1 ftw!

Actually it gets more interesting too, you can get EMP weapons. It's fun walking up to a group with an EMP shotgun, taking their shields off in 2 hits, then switching to a regular shotgun and 2-shotting them.

I think I hit level 4 when I quit. One thing I'd like to see changed is the graphics of the powers, I've used lightning a couple of times but haven't really seen much of a visual from it.

It's still in BETA! Submit your bugs/suggestions on the community boards!

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
FYI - full character wipe scheduled for 9/4/07 on both US and EU servers. At that point, they're shutting down the high level content (>lvl30) and focusing on testing and bugfixing the low level stuff. At this point, they open the beta from the limited play sessions to 24x7!

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
They need to focus on low level content and engine. Spending my time last night going to just lvl 5 I saw a lot of things just don't work.

Has potential though.

robr

Jun 13, 2004
I was looking forward to testing this, if only because Richard Garriott's name is attached to it. I used to pop into his office to report bugs on Osgood St. in North Andover, MA back in the Ultima 3 days (ok so I'm old). I received my invite via email from NCSoft and played for about an hour. Then the following day I got an invite to the Hellgate London alpha and haven't looked back. Sorry Richard :(.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I think I like this game. Although - I really have no idea wtf is going on. That character wipe still scheduled?

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
The game is fun despite several bugs I've reported (and countless /stuck commands), but I just can't see myself paying a monthly fee for it. But that's mostly because I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for any game. I just don't play enough to make it worth it, and I'm really against the idea as a whole.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Just installed this for the 24/7 beta part coming up on the 4th. Hope it doesn't have too many bugs to be playable on my machine.

7TM

May 25, 2005
Installed, and so far im liking what im seeing. Anyone know the release date ?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SunnyD
They pushed the 24x7 and character wipe back a couple days to 9/6/07 instead to allow for some additional server prep time.

Bah, I was all excited to start that today too. Just downloaded the game and will wait patiently for the restart. I may try to get on before then to get a feel for the game and controls before I start over.