Table of Vishera Reviews.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 11, 2008
Pretty much Unless your doing nothing but heavy multi threaded Tasks on an EXTREME Budget And already have an AM3+ board.

And do not have a Microcenter Near by to get a 2700k for 229$.../ 3770k 269$ With the 50$ off MB deal and 20$ rebate on the board...

Come on guys, I am no AMD fan and get frustrated with the incessant promoting of AMD by some on these forums. But lets be fair, Vishera is far from useless. It is quite good for certain very specific tasks, and adequate for others.

In most cases, I still feel an i5 or i7 is superior, because it offers equal or better performance at a much lower power use for the majority of tasks. Personally, the only CPU heavy task I do is gaming, so I would not consider AMD over an i5 under any circumstance, but it is still an adequate processer, there are just better alternatives in most cases.

If I wanted to buy an 8350, I would also wait for a few months. I would anticipate that the price will come down eventually, and that Microcenter will offer deals as well.

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
Come on guys, I am no AMD fan and get frustrated with the incessant promoting of AMD by some on these forums. But lets be fair, Vishera is far from useless. It is quite good for certain very specific tasks, and adequate for others.

In most cases, I still feel an i5 or i7 is superior, because it offers equal or better performance at a much lower power use for the majority of tasks. Personally, the only CPU heavy task I do is gaming, so I would not consider AMD over an i5 under any circumstance, but it is still an adequate processer, there are just better alternatives in most cases.

If I wanted to buy an 8350, I would also wait for a few months. I would anticipate that the price will come down eventually, and that Microcenter will offer deals as well.

If a 2600k/2700 are any where near the same price it makes the 8350 useless as they both crush it clock for clock.

I am now putting a better cooler on my i5 750 and going to OC to 4.2ghzish " My HTPC "
Then throw a Gtx 560 ti in it.. That i had in the closet And watch it out perform the 8350 in every game besides BF3.

Last edited:

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
If a 2600k/2700 are any where near the same price it makes the 8350 useless as they both crush it clock for clock.

I am now putting a better cooler on my i5 750 and going to OC to 4.2ghzish " My HTPC "
Then throw a Gtx 560 ti in it.. That i had in the closet And watch it out perform the 8350 in every game besides BF3.

Anand already showed that the FX 8350 is faster than an i7-920, I don't know where you are getting a dual core 1st gen i5 is faster. :rolleyes:

Last edited: