T Woods in Moderate to Critical Condition.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
After a rollover accident.
Had to be extracted by the Jaws of Life.

.Still breaking live on TV

They just said he "might" not walk anymore.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Honestly you'd think after his last accident and his immense wealth, he'd just have a driver on staff. If I was worth what he was, zero chance I'd be driving. You're safer in the back seat and can use the time to do other stuff.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just saw this:

Damn. Well, you know, Ben Hogan was terribly injured in a vehicle accident and recovered and subsequently was a dominant golfer on the PGA tour, winning many a tournament. But Tiger had his 5th back surgery recently. I guess odds are he'll remain tied with Sam Snead for most wins on the PGA tour all time at 82. Runners up are Jack Nicklaus at 73 and Hogan at 64.

Tiger had another car accident some years ago, a pretty scandalous thing having to do (my vague memory) with a spat with his wife and solo running his car into a tree trunk in some kind of fury-funk or something.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just saw this:

Damn. Well, you know, Ben Hogan was terribly injured in a vehicle accident and recovered and subsequently was a dominant golfer on the PGA tour, winning many a tournament. But Tiger had his 5th back surgery recently. I guess odds are he'll remain tied with Sam Snead for most wins on the PGA tour all time at 82. Runners up are Jack Nicklaus at 73 and Hogan at 64.
Yep. Saw his interview yesterday where they ask him about the Masters and he went on to say I have only one back and that's my number one priority.
Word is that at least one leg has a compound fracture. Looking at the scene I can't figure out if he just fell asleep or was avoiding something.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
7am and he had to be flying. 1000 to 1 odds that drugs were involved.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Speed has to be part of the issue. The whole front of the car looks like is was chewed on by a transformer. Apparently was heading north, crossed over to the southbound, destroying the Rolling Hills Estates sign in the process, then rolled and went up the embankment.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yep. Saw his interview yesterday where they ask him about the Masters and he went on to say I have only one back and that's my number one priority.
Word is that at least one leg has a compound fracture. Looking at the scene I can't figure out if he just fell asleep or was avoiding something.
I saw that interview Sunday during the broadcast of the final round of the Genesis, close to where the accident happened, i.e. Pacific Palisades' Riviera Country Club. He looked in decent spirits at the time, but with Tiger he's up front but the cards are close to his chest sometimes. It looked like a long shot that he'd compete in the Masters in April, at least effectively. He was awaiting word from the doctors. Now looks like his PGA tour playing days may be over.

I'm thinking maybe he was flipping because the truth about his prospects of playing effectively on tour were worse than he'd been letting on. Just a guess, but maybe there was something in his personal life that was screwing him up... he'd been known to have a lot of "affairs." Don't know about recently, but you have to figure that with his celebrity, no surprise.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Speed has to be part of the issue. The whole front of the car looks like is was chewed on by a transformer. Apparently was heading north, crossed over to the southbound, destroying the Rolling Hills Estates sign in the process, then rolled and went up the embankment.
Not just speed. He wasn't just comfortably doing 55 in a 35. That kind of distance makes me think he was seeing what his car could do while he had the road to himself. I mean, I suppose it is possible he just caught a curb and got airborne and physics took over in a really unlucky way, but I think it's highly improbable.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Will they do a toxicology study on him? Test for drugs and alcohol? Since it was a single car accident I suppose it's not as certain than if others were involved.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Will they do a toxicology study on him? Test for drugs and alcohol? Since it was a single car accident I suppose it's not as certain than if others were involved.

I would imagine the trauma center would have to test for drugs/alcohol before administering major surgical anesthesia. Wouldn't be good, I imagine, to anesthetize someone drunk or high with the wrong compound (both for patient health and hospital's legal liability if the patient died as a result).

If it turns out he was drunk and/or high, it will eventually reported.

Reactions: nickqt

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Honestly you'd think after his last accident and his immense wealth, he'd just have a driver on staff. If I was worth what he was, zero chance I'd be driving. You're safer in the back seat and can use the time to do other stuff.

And the limo would be like "The Beast" that presidents ride in. Totally armor plated.

Tiger had another car accident some years ago, a pretty scandalous thing having to do (my vague memory) with a spat with his wife and solo running his car into a tree trunk in some kind of fury-funk or something.

Yeah..
He was wife was chasing him with a golf club, after his girlfriend called his cell while he was home.

He was escaping.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Trying to give a crap, but this is like the 3rd incident. What the F. Someone take the keys from him.

Reactions: Muse

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I may be wrong about this, but it seems like his driving skills at the wheel does not match his driving skills at the tee.

I don't know about that...Woods' success using his driver off the tee is frankly, while not horrid, not consistently anywhere near good....much like his driving his SUV's apparently.

Reactions: Muse

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
If you read the article, you would know that he wasn't suspected to be under the influence of anything. He didn't even attempt to break, so I suspect he fell asleep.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't know about that...Woods' success using his driver off the tee is frankly, while not horrid, not consistently anywhere near good....much like his driving his SUV's apparently.
It's true. One of the weaker parts of his game, especially in his later career.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If you read the article, you would know that he wasn't suspected to be under the influence of anything. He didn't even attempt to break, so I suspect he fell asleep.
I think I heard that he was on his way to a golf course (on TV), so falling asleep wouldn't seem to be it, but could be wrong. How else do you explain that? No skid marks, just flies off the road having gone through the divider?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I think I heard that he was on his way to a golf course (on TV), so falling asleep wouldn't seem to be it, but could be wrong. How else do you explain that? No skid marks, just flies off the road having gone through the divider?

The TMZ article linked in the OT thread about this says he left his hotel very fast after being held up by another vehicle as he tried to leave. It says he had an appointment in 1/2 hr at a location an hour away.

So, could be he was trying to make up time so as to be not so late to the next place.

Reactions: Pohemi

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Gives a shit.

That's horrible.

I hate to say it, but I care as much about his car accident as he would care about my sister being in a car accident. While I don't wish to see any human being hurt (except DJT) I really could give a shit also. I'm glad he didn't take anyone else out with him, that would be unfortunate.

Edit: forgot to add my thoughts and prayers!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The TMZ article linked in the OT thread about this says he left his hotel very fast after being held up by another vehicle as he tried to leave. It says he had an appointment in 1/2 hr at a location an hour away.

So, could be he was trying to make up time so as to be not so late to the next place.
Yeah, I lived 20 years of my full adulthood without having a motor vehicle, in an urban environment. I rode a bicycle a lot, when my bike was stolen, I spent a few years just walking my town when out and about. Some public transit, but not a lot. I've had a car for over 25 years now, but I appreciate the fact for me that I'm getting wherever I'm going fast enough. I think I see a lot more people nowadays driving like they're trying to beat the traffic, go faster, many times a lot faster than the flow of traffic. Many times, completely manic, it seems. To me, they seem "wigged out."

I think of the David Bowie song "Fame": "Makes a man loose, hard to swallow." Tiger's better than most in convincing you when you hear him talk that he's balanced and sane, but I think it's partly an act. We just saw another scene in that act that ended disastrously.
That's horrible.

I hate to say it, but I care as much about his car accident as he would care about my sister being in a car accident. While I don't wish to see any human being hurt (except DJT) I really could give a shit also. I'm glad he didn't take anyone else out with him, that would be unfortunate.

Edit: forgot to add my thoughts and prayers!
Gotta agree, I save my wishes for bad things happening to anyone for DJT!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
How do you hate golf?
I used to. But, maybe because I just gotten older and retired, but I find it a nice mellow relaxing thing to watch these days. Starting on Thursday, and following through to Sunday. That why I instantly knew that Tiger was in the L.A. area because of the Genesis Tournament.