System Stops Responding with a Black Screen During any logon in a Windows 8/7

softonic.lance

Nov 21, 2013
hello IT Pros

i have a problem with my system that occurred few days ago...

when system was running, after some time that goes to BLACK Screen, nothing appeared. but the system was on, with the power button light also on, the process light on Machine was stopped blinking i also tried NUM LOCK on/off that was also not responding

i tried installing another OS of Windows 8..and the installation process was also interrupted 4 to 5 times with the same error. but finally i installed Windows 8.
but the same problem occurred.

Another thing
1 day before the error occurred
i was playing a video on VLC Media Player
Suddenly that video Started to hang the complete CPU was hanged for a short time of 2 to 3 mins..with video Graphics going so bad

My System Configurations are Following

Dell Studio XPS 7100
AMD Phenom II B55 X2,
4GB Transcend DDR3
Builtin Graphics if ATI radeon
HD 4200
500 GB HDD

Please help me i am not able to run my system since 7 days. and posting this thread from my friend's PC....

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Why did you try installing a new os instead of reinstalling the old one?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Having a little trouble understanding your issue...
does it work for a while and then go to a blank screen (the video loses the signal)?
or does it go blank while you are using it?
or is something preventing you from using the machine at all now?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I was confused too but it sounds like the screen goes black while he is using it. My first guess would be something is overheating.

softonic.lance

Nov 21, 2013
Having a little trouble understanding your issue...
does it work for a while and then go to a blank screen (the video loses the signal)?
or does it go blank while you are using it?
or is something preventing you from using the machine at all now?

No Just Hangs with black screen.
NUM PAD Light is also not blinking

only way to turn on is to unplug then restart

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
1 day before the error occurred i was playing a video on VLC Media Player Suddenly that video Started to hang the complete CPU was hanged for a short time of 2 to 3 mins..with video Graphics going so bad
Did you make any change before this.like windows update or gpu update.or anything new

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
CPU Temperature is 51 Degree to 56 according to BIOS which is Normal of AMD B55

Now you are confusing me. You need to be more specific as to when you are getting this black screen. Is it while you are using it? Is it while it is idle? Is it while it is booting? You mention it gets into bios, does it hand right after the bios and before it attempts to boot to windows?

softonic.lance

Nov 21, 2013
Now you are confusing me. You need to be more specific as to when you are getting this black screen. Is it while you are using it? Is it while it is idle? Is it while it is booting? You mention it gets into bios, does it hand right after the bios and before it attempts to boot to windows?

yes...it is while using it

no problem with in bios
no problem in 30 mins of BIOS Memory Test

Problem occurs after windows or Ubuntu Start up.

in the middle of any program