Syria vs. USA

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Duwelon
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: palehorse74
I was speaking more to the general population, and religious leaders amongst them, who consistently call for our destruction -- which kinda makes it tough for us to side with them against Israel, a country that has never threatened us.
Cool, so can you tell us what your census revealed about how much of the gen. pop. "wish to see the U.S. destroyed"?

Every 'good' muslim wants to see the US destroyed because of our role in Israel's existence and our heathen ways. Unless of course we all denied Jesus Christ and instead fell to the feet of Mohammed. Good thing there's a lot of 'bad' muslims still.
Hagee? Is that you? :laugh:

Good stuff. Keep it coming.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: DarkThinker

<Cough> IDF got it's ass whipped trying....don't count on the LAF doing it for you they are a bit smarter than that </Cough>
<Cough> Maybe you Zionist tools ought to stop making them look more appealing day by day to others by killing random helpless Lebanese civilians that have nothing to do with anyone </Cough>
<Cough> Maybe you should put your bias aside and tell us why you support hypocrites like....</Cough>
Once again...

I'm pretty darn sure that ONE of the reasons we support Israel, at least the one reason that makes the most sense, is because, unlike most other Arab nations, Lebanon included, they do not wish to see the U.S. destroyed.

So, like I said, we tend to stick closer to those who dont try to kill us on a regular basis. With the exception of the House of Saud (read: oil supply), we try not to get too cozy with those who wish to see us destroyed.

ya.

just a thought...

WTF are you talking about.....where are you pulling this crap from?
Lebanon is one of the USA's best allies in the ME....were you joking or something?
Because it wasn't funny. Plus I am sure the immense number of Lebanese communities (who are mostly citizens of the US) wouldn't appreciate the country where they now live, study, work, raise their children in and ...etc getting destroyed.

Hizbollah of Lebanon, is a radical paramilitary Political-Religious Shiite movement in Lebanon.....it basically feeds of the Israeli aggression from Israel against the Lebanese populous (mostly the Shiite themselves) and Syrian-Iranian support in order to achieve what they have been hoping for since the Islamic Revolution in Iran and which is to transform the Secular Republic of Lebanon into the Shiite Islamic State of Lebanon.
Last time I checked, most Lebanese aren't Shiite (me included) nor they want to see their secular country transformed into a mini Iran like state. Hence all the back and forth fierce political fighting that is going right now between the March 14 coalition (Sunni Muslims, Maronite Christians, Druze) and the March 8th coalition (Shiite Muslims, Some Maronite Christians).

But of course I wouldn't expect you to know jack sht about this....

I was speaking more to the general population, and religious leaders amongst them, who consistently call for our destruction -- which kinda makes it tough for us to side with them against Israel, a country that has never threatened us.

I do believe we actually support and encourage Lebanon's Prime Minister Siniora, as well as many other level-headed Middle-Eastern leaders who pretend to like us...

The general population Mr. I know everything....is behind the well respected PM of Lebanon Fouad Siniora
Stop spewing crap in this thread to make Israel look better, for the love of GOD!
[/quote]

Stop spewing your crap to make Israel look worse! for the love of Allah!

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Cool, so can you tell us what your census revealed about how much of the gen. pop. "wish to see the U.S. destroyed"?

Every 'good' muslim wants to see the US destroyed because of our role in Israel's existence and our heathen ways. Unless of course we all denied Jesus Christ and instead fell to the feet of Mohammed. Good thing there's a lot of 'bad' muslims still.
Hagee? Is that you? :laugh:

Good stuff. Keep it coming.

THere must have been a fire sale on Strawmen for the liberal populous here.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Can't you tell us? Aren't you on their email distribution lists?!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
From Palehorse-

I'm pretty darn sure that ONE of the reasons we support Israel, at least the one reason that makes the most sense, is because, unlike most other Arab nations, Lebanon included, they do not wish to see the U.S. destroyed.

You confuse cause and effect- anti-American sentiment in the arab world is there because of our support of Israel vs arab support of the Palestinians...

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
WTF are you talking about.....where are you pulling this crap from?
Lebanon is one of the USA's best allies in the ME....were you joking or something?
Because it wasn't funny. Plus I am sure the immense number of Lebanese communities (who are mostly citizens of the US) wouldn't appreciate the country where they now live, study, work, raise their children in and ...etc getting destroyed.

Hizbollah of Lebanon, is a radical paramilitary Political-Religious Shiite movement in Lebanon.....it basically feeds of the Israeli aggression from Israel against the Lebanese populous (mostly the Shiite themselves) and Syrian-Iranian support in order to achieve what they have been hoping for since the Islamic Revolution in Iran and which is to transform the Secular Republic of Lebanon into the Shiite Islamic State of Lebanon.
Last time I checked, most Lebanese aren't Shiite (me included) nor they want to see their secular country transformed into a mini Iran like state. Hence all the back and forth fierce political fighting that is going right now between the March 14 coalition (Sunni Muslims, Maronite Christians, Druze) and the March 8th coalition (Shiite Muslims, Some Maronite Christians).

But of course I wouldn't expect you to know jack sht about this....
You're talking about the Hezbollah of 1985.

In reality, today, they've grown to be much much more than Iran ever dreamed possible. If their hostilities only targeted Israel, then we wouldn't even be talking about this...

The general population Mr. I know everything....is behind the well respected PM of Lebanon Fouad Siniora
Stop spewing crap in this thread to make Israel look better, for the love of GOD!
I'm not trying to "make Israel look better," I'm merely pointing out the fact that we MAY be closer to them, than any other nation in the region, because unlike each and every one of the other nations, Israel's citizens and religious leadership do not desire the destruction of the U.S.

I know that the slight majority of Lebanese people are peace-loving friends of the U.S., or indifferent -- and we're all grateful for that -- but, there are still a substantial number of Lebanese who side with and support Hezbollah, and most likely pray for the destruction of Israel and the U.S. on almost a daily basis.

The same is true in Iran, Syria, parts of Egypt, parts of Lybia, Sudan, Somalia, much of Saudi Arabia, parts of Jordan, part of Pakistan, and several other countries, etc etc...

But again, common sense will tell you that we'll side with Israel versus any country that houses, supports, or promotes terrorism. Duh.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
From Palehorse-

You confuse cause and effect- anti-American sentiment in the arab world is there because of our support of Israel vs arab support of the Palestinians...

Beyond our support for Israel, there are at least a dozen other excuses they'll continue to lean on for their hatred of the U.S.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Beyond our support for Israel, there are at least a dozen other excuses they'll continue to lean on for their hatred of the U.S.
Who is 'they' and how many of them are there?

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

Not converting to Islam, Abortion, Hollywood(immoral movies), women rights, gay rights, women walking around looking like whores (not fully covered) are a few I can think of that Islam religious zealots hate about non-islam embracing countries.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
In this case, "they" refers to anyone who uses our support of Israel as an excuse to hate us... so you tell me.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

Not converting to Islam, Abortion, Hollywood(immoral movies), women rights, gay rights, women walking around looking like whores (not fully covered) are a few I can think of that Islam religious zealots hate about non-islam embracing countries.

There are non-Muslims in Muslim nations...

They seem to be breathing to me.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

I sincerely hope you realize that, in my posts, I am referring to a VERY small percentage of the total Muslim population when I speak of those who preach fanatical violence. Don't begin to think, even for a second, that I agree with your bigoted sentiment that these things apply to all Muslims.

I just wanted to set that straight before one of the other jackasses around here lumps me in with you...

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

Ermmm....how should I put this....In Islam, Jesus Christ is a prophet of God, denying him is equal to denying Mohammad or Moses or any of the holy scriptures or Angels, and hence it's an automatic self damnation to hell sentence should the person not repent before death.

But I'll tell you what, instead of thinking logically, you go fall at the feet of people like the Zionists?
Here is the actual Koranic text on the topic:

Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between;

Therefore, for their (the Jews at the time of Jesus and before) breaking their covenant and their disbelief in the communications of Allah and their killing the prophets wrongfully and their saying: Our hearts are covered; nay! Allah set a seal upon them owing to their unbelief, so they shall not believe except a few.

And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

here is a sample of the kind of people the verse above talks about, the kind you are eagerly supporting

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

I sincerely hope you realize that, in my posts, I am referring to a VERY small percentage of the total Muslim population when I speak of those who preach fanatical violence. Don't begin to think, even for a second, that I agree with your bigoted sentiment that these things apply to all Muslims.

I just wanted to set that straight before one of the other jackasses around here lumps me in with you...

I never said all muslims, did I?

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

Ermmm....how should I put this....In Islam, Jesus Christ is a prophet of God, denying him is equal to denying Mohammad or Moses or any of the holy scriptures or Angels, and hence it's an automatic self damnation to hell sentence should the person not repent before death.

But I'll tell you what, instead of thinking logically, you go fall at the feet of people like the Zionists?

Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between;

Therefore, for their (the Jews at the time of Jesus and before) breaking their covenant and their disbelief in the communications of Allah and their killing the prophets wrongfully and their saying: Our hearts are covered; nay! Allah set a seal upon them owing to their unbelief, so they shall not believe except a few.

And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

here is a sample of the kind of people the verse above talks about, the kind you are eagerly supporting

My understanding is that Islam equates Jesus as a prophet, Christianity equates Jesus as God himself in human form.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Darkthinker, he means denying Jesus as God, not the existance of Jesus (as a prophet).

That said what he said was still pretty stupid, as I have no idea what a "good" Muslim is...the fact he quoted 'good' shows its the ambiguity that exists in using the word as he did

Oh and bowing at the feet of prophet Mohammed makes no sense...he isn't God, so you won't see a Muslim (ideally...I still see things like people praying to alleged hairs of prophet Mohammed in India for help, how sad :\ ) pray to him.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Wow, you guys are actually writing real responses to Duwelon's posts?

When will you ever learn? ;) :laugh:

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

My understanding is that Islam equates Jesus as a prophet, Christianity equates Jesus as God himself in human form.

Well, you talked about denying Jesus Christ....is admitting the divine presence behind Jesus own existence and his miracles equal to denying him really.

Sure I see your point now, but what I don't see is how do you think "Good Muslims" want to force you to change your beliefs, eventhough Good Muslims who read the Koran know that God says in it

Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.

So how is it you need more "Bad Muslims" when it's the good ones that believe in the right to one's own faith selection?

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Wow, you guys are actually writing real responses to Duwelon's posts?

When will you ever learn? ;) :laugh:

Ouch, hey i already got a pumpkin on my head, you don't need another!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
If Syria had been forthcoming after the attack and said "We were just building a nuclear power generator with the help of NK and here's what we were doing," they would have had much, much more sympathy.
Like the 'wave of sympathy' Iran got for disclosing their peaceful nuclear program? :roll:

You referring to those secret Iranian nuclear facilities we had to discover by satellite photo collaborated by reports from Iranian dissidents? I forget if it was the entire program or not but you're not honestly trying pass this off as if Iran is friendly and in compliance? I know you?re so friendly with them and want to boost their image but this stinks of a lie.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
If Syria had been forthcoming after the attack and said "We were just building a nuclear power generator with the help of NK and here's what we were doing," they would have had much, much more sympathy.
Like the 'wave of sympathy' Iran got for disclosing their peaceful nuclear program? :roll:

You referring to those secret Iranian nuclear facilities we had to discover by satellite photo collaborated by reports from Iranian dissidents? I forget if it was the entire program or not but you're not honestly trying pass this off as if Iran is friendly and in compliance? I know you?re so friendly with them and want to boost their image but this stinks of a lie.

Iranian dissidents haven't been to Iran in 30 years.
They don't know anything.
To assume they have some kind of contact with people inside Iran in high places is a joke.

The world knows about Iran's nuclear reactor, we put it there

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

So how is it you need more "Bad Muslims" when it's the good ones that believe in the right to one's own faith selection?

By "good" i mean those who actually follow what the Quran teaches. Doesn't the Quran teach to wage war on non-believers?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The Quran does not say wage a war on non-believers.

If that were the case the minorities in Muslim nations would be slaughtered.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

By "good" i mean those who actually follow what the Quran teaches. Doesn't the Quran teach to wage war on non-believers?

Self defense is the only acceptable scenario
*{Fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress limits. Lo! Allah loves not aggressors.... And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against the transgressors?}*

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Iranian dissidents haven't been to Iran in 30 years.
They don't know anything.
To assume they have some kind of contact with people inside Iran in high places is a joke.

The world knows about Iran's nuclear reactor, we put it there

Your playing word games. Why use denial to protect the indefensible?

CNN: December 13, 2002
U.S. has photos of secret Iran nuclear sites
Iranian dissidents have long contended that Iran has been working on nuclear capabilities. But the new satellite photographs and the conclusions drawn from them by nuclear experts are the first evidence to support such claims.