SYRIA --> opens border so all muslimradicalwhackos can go FIGHT THE GREAT SATAN

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: OFFascist
Originally posted by: tec699
Here we have our President that has killed people thru the death penalty. And I bet a good portion were innocent.

if their is a God President Bush will surely go to Hell!

Why would he go to hell?

Killing != a sin
Murder = a sin

Death Penalty != Murder
Death Penalty = Killing

Murder = unlawful killing
Death Penalty = lawful killing
Where is it in the bible that translate "thou shall not kill " to killing is not a sin?

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
Originally posted by: lowtech
Where is it in the bible that translate "thou shall not kill " to killing is not a sin?

Its a mistranslation from back in the day.

The bible originally said "thou shall not murder" over the years it was mistranslated to "thou shall not kill."

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: HJD1
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Why are they "muslimradicalwhackos"?

In the context offered by the author it seems that the people he refers to display, at least on first blush, an ideosyncratic behaviour presumably the result of some undiagnosed psychological defect possibly brought on by acute radicalism inherent to the region and culture. If the same folks lived in Rome, Italy and acted in a similar fashion... I presume he would have used the term "catholic..."
I think it is not a culture thing... I remember "charlie" acted much the same in the days of "radicalcharliewackos" Or the folks who chained themselves to freight trains... or felled trees afloat on the snake river.

How many Italian sucide bombers have you heard of in the last ten years?

"if the same folks lived in Rome Italy..." use to mean that if by way of example the same folks live etc etc.. the author would have not used the term muslim but presuming most Italians from Rome are catholic he would have used the term catholic instead.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: lowtech

Its a mistranslation from back in the day.

The bible originally said "thou shall not murder" over the years it was mistranslated to "thou shall not kill."

Quite correct. But it's amazing that the religious freaks who cling to the Bible as being true are so quick to ignore all the things that contradict each other. The commandment is indeed "Thou shall not murder", but the Bible then goes on to mention at least 100 different offenses for which you should be murdered by your fellow man.
Slaughter a calf wrong = get killed.
Eat the wrong foods = get killed
Worship the wrong way = get killed
Take a hit on 17 in blackjack = get killed
Yell "You da man" at golf tournaments = get killed
Work on the Sabbath = get killed

Hell, by some interpretations of the more extreme passages, it's a sin NOT to kill someone who has sinned. Stick that in your irony hookah and smoke it. Anyone who wants to quote the bible as guidance on how things are really done in the world should be required to find the passage where God suggests that pedophile priests should molest children and that the church must protect them so that they can go on to molest others.

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
How can you still believe that killing people is not a sin? It is really easy to say that but if you witnessed it firsthand, I doubt it if you will still believe that killing is not a sin! Can't you guys get it in your head that you weren't the one that gave these people their live so you can't take it away from them!

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
Its easy to believe that killing is not a sin, since I can think of a few instances where I think it would be okay to kill someone.

Hell there are a few instances where I think it would be okay to "murder" someone.

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Similar logic applies to civillians killed as colateral damage.

so you don't really care if civilians die in the war?

I would tell them that thier mother was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

now lets change the situation. what would you feel if you were the child who lost his mother and somebody told you your mother was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I doubt it you will accept that statement! It's really a lame excuse!

The same would apply whether it was a just or unjust war (this is a just war) btw, since its better to not be around where the bombs are coming down regardless of the morality of the conflict.

How can you know where the bombs are gonna hit? use your common sense man! does anyone want to be hit by bombs?
rolleye.gif

We arent at war with Iraq because Saddam kills his own population, we are at war with them because they broke the ceasefire. The Fact that those murdered Iraqis will have some sort of justice when we are done with Saddam is just a bonus.

Broke what ceasefire?
rolleye.gif

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Its easy to believe that killing is not a sin, since I can think of a few instances where I think it would be okay to kill someone.

Hell there are a few instances where I think it would be okay to "murder" someone.

Its easy for you to say because you haven't witness a war firsthand like me. Put your money where your mouth is!:disgust:

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
you justify the death of the innocents! why don't you tell those to the innocent people killed!!! :(

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LP29

Its easy for you to say because you haven't witness a war firsthand like me. Put your money where your mouth is!:disgust:
Obviously you weren't in the crosshairs of a good shot.. praise the lord!!:)

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Here we have our President that has killed people thru the death penalty. And I bet a good portion were innocent.

Why would he go to hell?

Killing != a sin
Murder = a sin

Death Penalty != Murder
Death Penalty = Killing

taking away a persons life is a sin. PERIOD!

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Obviously you weren't in the crosshairs of a good shot.. praise the lord!!:)

it missed me but only by a hair. :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Why would he go to hell?

Killing != a sin
Murder = a sin

Death Penalty != Murder
Death Penalty = Killing

Yeah if you are shackled by Hypocritical Religious Nonsense!!

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Why would he go to hell?

Killing != a sin
Murder = a sin

Death Penalty != Murder
Death Penalty = Killing

Yeah if you are shackled by Hypocritical Religious Nonsense!!

so religion is nonsense to you. :(
do you what your life to be taken away from you? I don't think so...

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
so religion is nonsense to you.
do you what your life to be taken away from you? I don't think so...
Don't mind Red he's just got a little Satan in him today!

It irks some people to use the word "sin". They don't want to consider killing as wrong because it might be against the precepts laid down by the christain faith under a christain god, the notion of which they don't subscribe to. Had you said killing was blatantly wrong because it violates human rights which stem from natural law I don't think he would have jumped you.