SYRIA --> opens border so all muslimradicalwhackos can go FIGHT THE GREAT SATAN

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Dozens of volunteers crossing Syrian border into
Iraq to join fight against allied troops

By Ze'ev Schiff

Palestinians carrying pictures of Saddam Hussein at an anti-American protest in Gaza yesterday.
(Photo: AP)

Syria is granting free passage across its border with Iraq to volunteers who wish to join the fight against the U.S. and British forces. Thus far, dozens of volunteers, primarily Palestinians from the refugee camps in Lebanon, have crossed over into Iraq through Syrian-controlled border posts.
The passage of volunteers with Damascus's consent has given rise to the theory that the U.S.-fired missile that struck a Syrian bus traveling in Iraq was an intentional attack on a busload of such volunteers. The bus left Damascus on Sunday and was hit by the missile some 50 kilometers inside Iraqi territory. The missile strike left five people dead and dozens injured.

Speaking on the subject, the Syrian military analyst, Hitham al-Kilani, said in an interview on Al Jazeera, on 24 March, that "the Syrian border was opened to Syrian, Arab and Muslim volunteers wishing to reach Iraq and participate in the fighting against the American invasion."

Al Kilani said that the Syrian border was also open to Iraqi refugees seeking to enter Syria as a result of the fighting in their country.

If the attack against the bus was not an accident, it shows that U.S. intelligence is aware of the movement of these volunteers, via Syria, into Iraq.

While many Arab states have voiced opposition to the American offensive in Iraq, Syria is the sole country that has opened its border to volunteers seeking to join the Iraqi forces. Even Iran blocked its border and is not allowing passage into Iraq from its territory. The Turkish border is also blocked and the Jordanians are also being very strict.

It has been reported that there are many volunteers in Jordan who are interested in crossing into Iraq, but they know that the border is closed.

The official explanation for closing the border crossings of all the countries bordering Iraq is that it the moves come to prevent a massive exodus of refugees from Iraq; but the crossings have also been closed so as to keep those wishing to join the fight against the coalition forces from reaching Iraq. Hamas has recently called on all of Iraq's neighbors to open their borders and allow volunteers through.

The precise number of volunteers crossing from Syria into Iraq is not known, but Lebanese sources estimate that many dozens have already done so.

The Syrian mufti, Ahmed Kaftaru - a government official - recently called on Muslims worldwide to employ all means, including suicide operations, to defeat the American-British-Zionist aggression.

A second Syrian official, who heads the information division of the Syrian Foreign Ministry, described the United States as "the empire of murder and destruction."

Syria's active support for Saddam Hussein has been particularly evident in recent months, with Damascus even purchasing military equipment on behalf of the Iraqi army. The equipment was reportedly delivered from its country of origin to the Syrian port of Latakia and then carried on trucks to Iraq. The purchases were made from a number of East European countries, and the equipment included engines for Russian-made tanks and aircraft. Also purchased were tank carriers, probably from Germany.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=277902&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Kinda related to this thread but I'll say the same thing here that I did in the other. If military supplies or manpower is crossing the bored into Iraq in order to aid the Iraqis then it is a valid military target and should be destroyed.

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Once they cross the border, they're legitimate military targets. Blow up the first few busloads and maybe the rest will get the message.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Kinda related to this thread but I'll say the same thing here that I did in the other. If military supplies or manpower is crossing the bored into Iraq in order to aid the Iraqis then it is a valid military target and should be destroyed.

And I consider a busload of whackos going INTO Iraq from Syria to be a valid target <<--- they are going there to kill Americans

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
The POINT is - this IS bad news and a horrible development for the coalition.

More "wackos" with guns that will certainly kill some of our troops. :(

And if Syria decides to "get involved" . . .

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: apoppin

I will be posting horrible news in just a sec (at least I think it is horrible)

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001

Heh, Syria ain't stupid. They know a losing war when they saw one. These stupid radicals on the other hand, they'll just become fertilizers.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Syria will not get directly involved....to do so would mean the end of their current government.

So a few whackos cross into Iraq...they will be dealt with and sent to their afterlife....hope they like BBQ pig.....

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Dozens eh? I think it's safe to say the outcome won't be swayed by a dozen volunteers.

Their crossing the border into Iraq was reported but after they see a few Special Effects will their quick 180 back into the safety of Syria be reported?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Once they cross the border, they're legitimate military targets. Blow up the first few busloads and maybe the rest will get the message.

Simple Syrian folks trekking about Iraq and the are legitimate targets.... Hmmmmm I hope we don't kill Syrian citizens and say "I don't care who you are.... you ain't with us therefore you're against us" ... We would really get all sorts of malcontents comming to the defense of peacefull Iraq.....

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

"Horrible development"? I think you're overstating the problem.. It's more on a par with those civilian Pakistani nutballs who went into Afghanistan to fight the US..

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
IMO this is a good thing.

We wouldnt be able to go into Syria or whever and kill these people legally, yet.

However now once they become combatents against our forces we will now have the legal right to kill them.

Perhaps Syria is just trying to get rid of a few fundamentalist undesirables by encouraging them to go get killed in Iraq.

Sure we might loose more people because of this, but its better that we kill these fundamentalists over there than having them come to our shores and kill our civillians here.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

"Horrible development"? I think you're overstating the problem.. It's more on a par with those civilian Pakistani nutballs who went into Afghanistan to fight the US..
I think you're understating it. It is a very bad TREND - it shows Saddam's propaganda is effectively getting through to the Arabs in neighboring countries - they are beginning to come to his aid.

If they concentrate on attacking the supply lines - AmBush Alley - it will be bad. Hit and run attacks, fake surrenders and suicide bombings . . . :(

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yea, it may be a drip now, but if this war drags on for months it could be a steady stream.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Yea, it may be a drip now, but if this war drags on for months it could be a steady stream.

A stream for which we have the dam (aka air power) and/or setting up blockade/inspection points 1000 feet from the border

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Mookow

A stream for which we have the dam (aka air power) and/or setting up blockade/inspection points 1000 feet from the border

Perhaps, but if a massacre was to happen it just might inflame the situation further. It would be be to put ground units at various places on the Syrian/Iraq border and intercept them that way.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Mookow

Perhaps, but if a massacre was to happen it just might inflame the situation further. It would be be to put ground units at various places on the Syrian/Iraq border and intercept them that way.

Thats why I added "and/or setting up blockade/inspection points 1000 feet from the border"

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: OFFascist

We wouldnt be able to go into Syria or whever and kill these people legally, yet.

However now once they become combatents against our forces we will now have the legal right to kill them.

Perhaps Syria is just trying to get rid of a few fundamentalist undesirables by encouraging them to go get killed in Iraq.

Sure we might loose more people because of this, but its better that we kill these fundamentalists over there than having them come to our shores and kill our civillians here.

Typical Monday morning quaterback...

Hey man, get off the computer and go join the damn war if you want to talk nonsense. It's easy to say lets kill them all. Heh.. especially since your sitting on your comfy chair staring at your computer screen.

My dad fought in the Korean war. He's seen his buddies die right in front of him. And you can sit here and say... oh lets kill them all. Then you say it's ok if we loose some of our guys as long as we can take most of their men out. Well all I have to say is... What the hell! Also.. I guess it's ok if we loose some of our men, since hey... it's not me.

How dare you? It's pathetic that you can talk about war like it's a frekin game. What's wrong with you? As I stated earlier, my father served and fought in the Korean war. He's told me some true horror stories. He killed plenty of North Korean's in his life time, and it still haunts him. War is fu*kin hell.

But I guess it's easy to joke about war, since the closest that you will ever see combat is when you fire up a game of bf1942.

:|

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

I think you're understating it. It is a very bad TREND - it shows Saddam's propaganda is effectively getting through to the Arabs in neighboring countries - they are beginning to come to his aid.

If they concentrate on attacking the supply lines - AmBush Alley - it will be bad. Hit and run attacks, fake surrenders and suicide bombings . . . :(
How in the hell is this a "horrible development"? I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this kind of thing considering all of the so-called Arab unity and calls for jihads. Give me a break. A few dozen or a few hundred makes not a squat of difference. Wake me up when this "trend" amounts to something more than target practice for Marines.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: jjones

How in the hell is this a "horrible development"? I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this kind of thing considering all of the so-called Arab unity and calls for jihads. Give me a break. A few dozen or a few hundred makes not a squat of difference. Wake me up when this "trend" amounts to something more than target practice for Marines.
I don't think I can "wake" you.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

It's not effective propaganda. It's just more "peaceful" followers of Islam grasping at any opportunity to find someone that they can shoot at. These are the sort of people that will declare jihad if they order fried camel rectum on white and you serve it to them on whole wheat.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones

I don't think I can "wake" you.
Well don't feel bad. Chicken Little didn't wake me when I was four years old; four decades later another Chicken Little is not likely to get much of a stir out of me either.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt

It's not effective propaganda. It's just more "peaceful" followers of Islam grasping at any opportunity to find someone that they can shoot at. These are the sort of people that will declare jihad if they order fried camel rectum on white and you serve it to them on whole wheat.
You have a real "grasp" of the situation.

:p

rolleye.gif

fluxquantum

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: tec699
Originally posted by: OFFascist

Typical Monday morning quaterback...

Hey man, get off the computer and go join the damn war if you want to talk nonsense. It's easy to say lets kill them all. Heh.. especially since your sitting on your comfy chair staring at your computer screen.

My dad fought in the Korean war. He's seen his buddies die right in front of him. And you can sit here and say... oh lets kill them all. Then you say it's ok if we loose some of our guys as long as we can take most of their men out. Well all I have to say is... What the hell! Also.. I guess it's ok if we loose some of our men, since hey... it's not me.

How dare you? It's pathetic that you can talk about war like it's a frekin game. What's wrong with you? As I stated earlier, my father served and fought in the Korean war. He's told me some true horror stories. He killed plenty of North Korean's in his life time, and it still haunts him. War is fu*kin hell.

But I guess it's easy to joke about war, since the closest that you will ever see combat is when you fire up a game of bf1942.

:|

well said. my grandfather served during ww2. the horrors he witnessed were terrible. he suffered from PTWS (post-traumatic war syndrome). he has passed away but he has told me many stories from his war experience. after serving he did not wish war upon anyone whether they be friend or foe. it's easy to talk about killing people when you have no combat experience. that's why i enjoy talking with vets. they know what war is about. they tend to be more humble and cautious when the topic of warfare comes up. we may win eventually but it will be at a cost - human lives. sure we will not lose as much as the enemy but every life is worth more than you can imagine.