Sweet Sale on Brooks Brothers Summer Suits

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
BTW..I am gonna grab one of those Poplin's from my local BB sometime this week.

200$ for a BB suit....SWEET !

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Cool, thanks. I was planning to pick up a seersucker suit from them in the next few weeks anyway! :D

AstIsis

Jan 18, 2003
Nice..men in suits (insert drool icon here) Now we just need some men in Armani's ;)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: polm
Originally posted by: AstIsis
Nice..men in suits (insert drool icon here) Now we just need some men in Armani's ;)

fusk Armani...it's all about the Zegna

zegna is f-ing expensive. which is why you just buy their fabrics and have a master tailor from hong kong tailor a suit for you

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
actually I saw some Zegna's on Ebay for about 600$....that ain't too bad.

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
go in their stores and its 2 large

yeah...I've actually seen some closer to 3 here in Memphis. I would never spend that much on a suit.

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
Originally posted by: werk
Originally posted by: polm
Originally posted by: AstIsis

fusk Armani...it's all about the Zegna
Bah, Zegna shirts are nice but the suits and coats are ugly, IMO.

who's stuff do you like to wear werk ?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Who do you like to wear? Sheesh, you sound like some of my gf's friends. :p
Anyways, I don't have much occasion to wear designer suits, but I will admit to having and liking D&G and Boss suits, but I'd usually go with a nice, reasonable Ralph Lauren because all the ones I've bought have fit me so well right off the rack...and they're cheaper! :)

As for more casual stuff, I don't really care so much anymore. I just let my gf pick stuff up for me when she has double discounts at Bloomingdales.

csf

Banned
Aug 5, 2001
Zegna's got great fabrics and solid construction, and if you check outlets you can easily find their suits for under $1000 and sportcoats for under $500, which is a pretty good deal. Ebay's a good place to get them too, but Zegna has a bunch of different lines and styles, plus people often advertise cheaper constructed suits using Zegna fabric as Zegna. Personally, I like Canali, just as good as as (or even better) than Zegna; great fabric, canvas front construction (not fused like brooks brothers and most of the designer brands), and cuts that aren't huge and baggy, with a reasonable retail price point of under $1000 (obviously you can get them much cheaper when you shop around). One day I hope to get a Brioni suit, with a nice slim cut and a lot of handwork in the construction, but those retail at about $2.5 grand and up; oh well.

Brooks Brothers is solid and gets the job done, but it doesn't work for me since I can't stand the American style suits with their overly large cuts and center vents; it's hard to look good in those cuts unless you're trying to hide an unappealing figure. Nonetheless, that's a good sale and good prices though, so don't want to seem like I'm thread crapping. Men should wear suits more often regardless.

badluck

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001
suits at the brooks brothers outlet here in KC are $69.....that is a hot deal!!

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
csf, how do you know so much about men clothing?
you work in the industry or something?

csf

Banned
Aug 5, 2001
I got interested in the stuff last summer and started checking out high end menswear stores and asking questions, researching clothing in general on the web, and frequenting a lot of web forums for men's fashion. It's uncanny how much some of those people know and how readily some people are willing to drop $3-4k with the snap of the finger. I noticed people here always have a lot of questions and don't know/care too much about clothes, so I figure I could be helpful or informative by passing on what I've learned.

I'm actually just a college kid, so most of my knowledge is based more from research than experience (I always check out the Brionis and other high end stuff when I go shopping, the goal is to get a nice enough job so I can actually own a few of those). I haven't worked in the industry but I certainly think it would be really interesting and fun to do a stint there, though understandably clothing stores outside of Gap and Abercrombie don't trust kids my age to sell nice merchandise.