Sweet computer stand

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
My computer sits on the carpeted floor next to my desk. I had been using something makeshift to keep the system off the carpet, since I have a Fractal Design Define Mini case with a bottom mounted PSU pulling in air from beneath.

Last week I came across this monitor stand from Monoprice, and found the size was a perfect fit for my case. About $25 delivered, it's better than I had hoped. Heavy duty, thick piece of glass, and the legs help elevate the system about 3" off the floor.

31yqox2Rr2L.jpg

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I use that exact same one as a TV riser for my bedroom TV! I love how it looks and its built extremely well. I was expecting something lower quality for the price but got something of very respectable quality.

Monoprice is just awesome.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Thanks for that lead. I just ordered one - and was able to use Payment through Amazon 1 click.

corkyg

Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Man! Those guys are prompt. Ordered Monday, delivered Wednesday, and installed Thursday. Here is the big tower now taller and off the carpet!

M-Force.jpg

Now I just have to clean up the rats nest in back. :)

Selfierank

Mar 19, 2015
My computer sits on the carpeted floor next to my desk. I had been using something makeshift to keep the system off the carpet, since I have a Fractal Design Define Mini case with a bottom mounted PSU pulling in air from beneath.

Last week I came across this monitor stand from Monoprice, and found the size was a perfect fit for my case. About $25 delivered, it's better than I had hoped. Heavy duty, thick piece of glass, and the legs help elevate the system about 3" off the floor.

31yqox2Rr2L.jpg

My first thought looking at that, was it's a japanese dining table, as they eat close to the floor.

corkyg

Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
The bottom looks like it may be an LS-120!

It's actually a LS-240. They both come in handy - I have dozens of archived files on those old puppies. BTW, I still have boxes of 5.25-in floppies that go back to the mid-80s. :)

This machine is a worker - has two Win 7 drives and three 8.1 drives.

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
It's actually a LS-240. They both come in handy - I have dozens of archived files on those old puppies. BTW, I still have boxes of 5.25-in floppies that go back to the mid-80s. :)

This machine is a worker - has two Win 7 drives and three 8.1 drives.

You should probably start pulling your files off of floppy disks and onto some more modern media. They don't last forever and will fail (just like any other storage media).