Sweeeeet..

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Why would he ask you to go buy him cigarettes if he had some in his backpack?

Nice story you made up there.

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
Originally posted by: deftron
Why would he ask you to go buy him cigarettes if he had some in his backpack?

Nice story you made up there.

he had 3 in a pack in a plastic case.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
"Dude, your getting an ass beating!" Oh wait, no, that Dell guy got caught with marijuana

Really, i think you did the right thing because he was bugging you all year, if you didn't do it, someone was going to. i would have done the same in your situation except maybe not that loud that the whole cafeteria quiets down...

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: jurzdevil
Originally posted by: Millennium
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Good job, I always hated those bitches that felt you owed them the work to go and buy them anything or loan them money(especially since no one really ever pays you back).
There are much better ways of dealing with the problem without resorting to NARCing. He at least could have threatened to tell the admistration first.
Narc-Asshole status stands.

would that really help?

ooo im gonna tell on you.

actions speak bigger than words.

What "actions" did you do that were so great? It doesn't take much of a sac to do what you did. Here is a :beer: to hoping you get your ass severely kicked. Punkass.

He got rid of the annoyance of an underage deadhead trying to get someone to buy him cigs that he probably didn't have any money for anyway. Why is this such a bad thing?
Because he went in the guys fvcking bag to bring out his cigarettes and tobacco paraphernalia.

how is that bad. the kid broke the law.

same argument applies to a speeding ticket.

you get caught, you pay the consequences no matter how you get caught.

Your view of ethics and law is fundamentally flawed. There is no way you can compare a speeding ticket to what you did. The same argument does not apply because it is a little impossible to say the situations are even remotely comparable. Furthermore, it is not actually illegal to possess tobacco underage in New Jersey. He may have been breaking school rules, but he didn't violate a state law.

Don't believe me? Click here.

what about in a school zone?

so its not a law. i was wrong.
its still against the schools rules which he clearly knew and disregarded.

School zone has nothing to do with tobacco. You can have tobacco in a school zone, but most of the time not on the property unless of age...

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
the greatest thing happened in lunch today. i was sitting at the usual table with my friends..all seniors.. when this sophomore we know/dislike came up begging for change. he then asks if anyone will drive him to the 7-11 and buy more cigarettes for him.

he was at the end of the table and they said no then he came to my end of the table. he asked and i said no. now, he has asked us this question almost daily. some kids do it but i dont. he asked again i just got sick of. i stood up and screamed "SHUT THE F*** UP YOU SMOKING A**HOLE. NOBODY WANTS TO DRIVE YOU TO THE 7-11 AND BUY YOU MORE F***ING CIGARETTES!!!!!'

the whole cafeteria, roughly 130 kids, goes dead silent and 2 or 3 teachers come running over. the teachers are all in a panic and i tell them to get the kid out of here. they say whats the problem and i tell them. he denies it and i call him a f***ing liar. then the teachers start to get mad at me. i grabbed his backpack, opened it and out came a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. i knew they were in there because he showed some kid earlier and i caught a glance.

the look on his face was awesome. teachers can't search you for no reason but there was nothing keeping me from opening his bag.

the whole cafeteria was still quiet and he gets dragged off to the prinicipals. one teacher says to watch my language and they leave.

cafeteria cheers and i sit down to finish my lunch. what a great day!

I am so glad I am out of high school!

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
Good job, I always hated those bitches that felt you owed them the work to go and buy them anything or loan them money(especially since no one really ever pays you back).
There are much better ways of dealing with the problem without resorting to NARCing. He at least could have threatened to tell the admistration first.
Narc-Asshole status stands.

would that really help?

ooo im gonna tell on you.

actions speak bigger than words.

What "actions" did you do that were so great? It doesn't take much of a sac to do what you did. Here is a :beer: to hoping you get your ass severely kicked. Punkass.

He got rid of the annoyance of an underage deadhead trying to get someone to buy him cigs that he probably didn't have any money for anyway. Why is this such a bad thing?
Because he went in the guys fvcking bag to bring out his cigarettes and tobacco paraphernalia.

how is that bad. the kid broke the law.

same argument applies to a speeding ticket.

you get caught, you pay the consequences no matter how you get caught.

Your view of ethics and law is fundamentally flawed. There is no way you can compare a speeding ticket to what you did. The same argument does not apply because it is a little impossible to say the situations are even remotely comparable. Furthermore, it is not actually illegal to possess tobacco underage in New Jersey. He may have been breaking school rules, but he didn't violate a state law.

Don't believe me? Click here.

what about in a school zone?

so its not a law. i was wrong.
its still against the schools rules which he clearly knew and disregarded.

School zone has nothing to do with tobacco. You can have tobacco in a school zone, but most of the time not on the property unless of age...

nope.

Student handbook

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
let's examine the facts as first posted:

-punk begging for money
-punk begging for ride
-punk begging for someone to buy cigs
-punk not getting message after repeated asking
-jurzdevil tries to embarrass punk to get rid of him
-punk turns teachers against jurzdevil, leading to possibly getting jurzdevil in trouble
-punk hopefully learns a valuable lesson

why is jurzdevil labled a narc? because he decided to not take any more sh!t from that little schmuck? jurzdevil knows the difference between narcing and what he did. the rest of you should learn it, too. unless you're all the little whiny punk no one likes.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
oooooh no, not the student handbook. LOL.

hahaha, this thread has been awesome. :D

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: dolph

-punk begging for money
-punk begging for ride
-punk turns teachers against jurzdevil, leading to possibly getting jurzdevil in trouble

why is jurzdevil labled a narc? because he decided to not take any more sh!t from that little schmuck? jurzdevil knows the difference between narcing and what he did. the rest of you should learn it, too. unless you're all the little whiny punk no one likes.

rolleye.gif
kids.

spp

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2001
dude... when a short guy who begs for lots of things is labeled a punk, i don't tend to believe that

-punk begging for money
-punk begging for ride

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001

-punk begging for money
He was begging for change. This happens a lot in cafeterias because they need like a nickel more or something to get a snack.
-punk begging for ride
He 'knows' these people. He was asking if anybody would drive him. He doesn't have a car and decided to ask.
He's not old enough. If you don't want to do it, say no.
He asked different people. He wasn't asking the same person over.
Because jurzdevil was an immature idiot for narc'ing on him for no reason. You don't break the code of the schoolyard. Don't you watch the Simpsons?

He will be back for revenge. For devil's sake, I hope he takes it so HE learns a lesson. You don't rat on people.

-silver

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
Originally posted by: agnitrate

-punk begging for money
He was begging for change. This happens a lot in cafeterias because they need like a nickel more or something to get a snack.
-punk begging for ride
He 'knows' these people. He was asking if anybody would drive him. He doesn't have a car and decided to ask.
He's not old enough. If you don't want to do it, say no.
He asked different people. He wasn't asking the same person over.
Because jurzdevil was an immature idiot for narc'ing on him for no reason. You don't break the code of the schoolyard. Don't you watch the Simpsons?

He will be back for revenge. For devil's sake, I hope he takes it so HE learns a lesson. You don't rat on people.

-silver

he was asking to buy him the cigarettes but he would give you the money. the kid is 15 years old, im 18.

code of the schoolyard is bullsh*t. i did what i thought was best.

the kid has asked throughout the entire year. i finally got sick of it.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Holy Bandwagon, Batman!

I'm not going to flame you for what you did.