'Swat 4' Would Be Perfect If Not For These 2 Problems

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
1. You cant lean and walk at the same time.
2. Enemies don"t stand back up after surrendering.

In the previous title 'Swat 3' not only could you walk and lean at the same time (which speeds up the gameplay), enemies would stand back up and even pick up a gun off the ground if you dont arrest them soon.

In Swat 4 once you make them surrender you could just ignore them for the rest of the mission and you dont even need to pick up the guns they drop because no one will pick them up.

If they fixed these 2 problems the game would be the greatest tactical shooter of all time!

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I still own my original big box retail PC version of SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle, and - side note - it was [technically] the first ever game I bought for the PC platform (I actually bought it before I even got a PC, just ahead of time by about 2 or 3 months; and I couldn't wait for that darn first proper modern PC components purchase so I could finally build it myself). I really liked SWAT 3, although I didn't actually play it much with my own copy, weirdly enough (I mean, I did but... not much). I actually played it with a friend (we took turns basically, sitting in the same room, it was his computer at the time) who also bought it (which convinced me to then buy it later) and it made the game a lot better for me (which I realized only when I did get to play it by myself, it was fun but not the same as when we were both trying to approach any particular situation in our own ways, keeping a surprise for the other to see or sometimes making plans, you do this, try that, oops, hostage killed, etc... we had a great time).

Anyway, this thread made me recall though, that there's a modding community for SWAT 4.

Start maybe with this mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force

And see if perhaps it fixes some of the things for you (it doesn't mention particularly what you described in your own points but who knows maybe their changelog isn't complete on the site itself). If not, check around on Google for SWAT 4 mods in general maybe you'll find something for you. As for me, I've actually seen quite a lot of SWAT 4 footage a few years back on Twitch when a streamer I followed at the time gave it a try, and he ended up liking it enough for I think 1 or 2 extra streams (I watched I think 2 of them). I never played it myself though, but it seemed to be an improvement on a couple of things, but I did notice in his streams that the enemy A.I. (or hostage A.I. too) was lacking in comparison to SWAT 3 (or like you described, kind of a lack of reactions upon or after arrest).

The Mod I linked above does describe different 'personalities' for A.I., maybe during gameplay you'll get to see more (or new) reactions.

Hope it helps.