SWAT 4 issue

TestedAcorn

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2007
So I just got SWAT 4 and I keep getting this error no matter what... even i delete the swat4.ini file it just keeps coming back. I've looked all over the internet and no one seems to have the same issue. Here's the crash message No Label

Crash Time: 11/02/07 17:46:01

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2207 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: Radeon X1950 Pro (6727)

UserName: blah
ComputerName: BLAH
Application location: C:\Program Files\SWAT 4\Content\System

SWAT Build Number: 31973

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your Swat4.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::eek:penWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

40sTheme

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2006
Try going into your SWAT 4.ini and looking at the settings. If some things (res, refresh) don't coincide with your computer, fix them.

TestedAcorn

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2007
Well I kind of figured out what is wrong, the only problem is fixing it. It doesn't actually have anything to do with the SWAT 4.ini, apparently i don't have Direct3D on my computer anymore for absolutely no reason. I can't play any 3d games whatsoever. I thought SWAT 4 was my only problem, but I tried to play HL2, Timeshift, Hitman: Bloodmoney, World in Conflict.... they all just end or come up with a d3d error. I've installed all different versions of drivers for my x1950 pro... got 7.10 ,7.9, etc. Nothing seems to fix this problem. So if anyone could help me it would be REALLY appreciated.

TestedAcorn

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2007
I fixed my problem, it was just ATI with unstable drivers for x1950 pro.... so i downloaded the omega drivers and everything is perfect now :). Thanks! to the people that gave out suggestions though (even if I had already tried it).