Suspicious incident at major reservoir in MA

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
I saw a documentary on terrorism or something (been a long time) and they said, even using the most deadly toxins, poisons, biological agents or whatever, you would need like 20 LARGE TRUCKLOADS (caps appropriate) to adversely affect a large reservoir due to dilution alone.

Chemical and toxins, yes. Something infectious might be different.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
So who let them into this country?

:cool::cool::cool:

This thread is my proof of how paranoid this country is about silly bs, while the big/important things are being ignored.

Our corporations are a bigger threat to Americans than ANY terrorist will ever be (heck, even if we had 9/11 happen each year).

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net

This thread is my proof of how paranoid this country is about silly bs, while the big/important things are being ignored.

Our corporations are a bigger threat to Americans than ANY terrorist will ever be (heck, even if we had 9/11 happen each year).

Not sure whether to laugh or cry... :hmm:

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005

Says the guy that doesn't even know what Plutonium can do...

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
if they wanted to fuck it up long term they could have just dumped some invasive species in there like some zebra mussels or something

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
is that worse than all the bird shit in there?

Isn't that funny

Here in CT they won't even let you butcher the fish next to a reservoir.

I'm guessing they go threw the entire reservoir every week to make sure there is no dead fish floating around.....hehe

:biggrin:

They do have Artillery pieces set up for birds that bomb the waters.....

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well considering the reservoir is used for general recreation. It isn't like it is closed all the time to civilians. It could be that some College students in the middle of the night decided to visit the reservoir. Not the 1st time or the last time that College students will trespass.

No, it's not closed all the time. I linked the rules of that reserve. I live two towns over. It's a nice place. Trespassers who are just "checking it out" would be better off going during the day and visiting, since that isn't trespassing.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
No, it's not closed all the time. I linked the rules of that reserve. I live two towns over. It's a nice place. Trespassers who are just "checking it out" would be better off going during the day and visiting, since that isn't trespassing.

When you are high or drunk and have nothing else to do at night I don't think any of these kids really gave a shit/cared.

I know I wouldn't

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
When you are high or drunk and have nothing else to do at night I don't think any of these kids really gave a shit/cared.

I know I wouldn't

That's their lesson learned. There are many many places between Amherst/Northampton/Hadley area that you are FAR better off partying at. The Quabbin is not a good idea. The state doesn't police all their reserves, but the Quabbin is strict since its a huge watershed area.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
That's their lesson learned. There are many many places between Amherst/Northampton/Hadley area that you are FAR better off partying at. The Quabbin is not a good idea. The state doesn't police all their reserves, but the Quabbin is strict since its a huge watershed area.

Young kids not doing smart things.....sounds normal to me.

:biggrin:

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
lol, "recently graduated chemical engineers" == no way. Old enough to know better.

College does NOT teach you common sense. I mostly worked with "well educated" people during my 3 careers and I will tell you right now....stupidity is WIDE SPREAD and has no college/degree borders.

;)

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
College does NOT teach you common sense. I mostly worked with "well educated" people during my 3 careers and I will tell you right now....stupidity is WIDE SPREAD and has no college/degree borders.

;)

I don't disagree. Book smart doesn't mean life smart.

Some people gonna learn the hard way. Not saying I didn't do stupid shit when I was younger. Sneaking into the Quabbin? No, I read the signs at the entrance.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004

Some people gonna learn the hard way. Not saying I didn't do stupid shit when I was younger. Sneaking into the Quabbin? No, I read the signs at the entrance.

What kind of rebel does what the signs tell them to do? :^D

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009

To be honest, there is a place in CT that has these beautiful roads next to a reservoir.....no cars/not many people....it's just amazing. Our favorite place BY FAR (and has my favorite roads too, which is a big thing to me)......we have been going there on weekly basis for over 2 years and hanging out by the water etc.

Just not at 12am hehe

And I did decide to finally get a Fishing permit and another needed permit for "legal" access......just for shits and giggles.

At least I can take the kids now "legally" and do some fishing.

PS. it was $25 for Fishing license and another $25 to Water Authority......

Last edited: