Suspicious incident at major reservoir in MA

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
then please tell us, great swami. You obviously have the goods.

I thought his post wasn't even worth replying to (clear ignorance)

There's two distinct threads going on in this thread.

1. This is probably dumb kids doing dumb (and necessary) kid stuff. The odds so overwhelmingly point to this that even discussing other potentials is ludicrous. Jumping to conclusion like terrorism is beyond paranoid. We can all laugh at the paranoid. Good times.

2. There's nothing an individual or individuals can do to poison that much water; no one would ever get sick. This SEEMS to be plausible, after all that's a fuckload of H2O. Plus they test, treat, and process all that water; they would definitely catch anything amiss. Those however are just not the facts. There are a number of contaminants that could be introduced to that volume of water that would injure or kill anyone that drank it. Of those, Plutonium is far and away the most deadly, would require the least care in handling, and require the smallest volume. Micrograms cause death, higher does cause death faster. They also probably do not sit around and geiger the water.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I saw some foreigners walking on the grass illegally in front of city hall. They must be planning on bombing it.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I saw some foreigners walking on the grass illegally in front of city hall. They must be planning on bombing it.

I sense some sarcasm. The Quabbin Reservoir doesn't not equal the city hall. The Quabbin is a massive area with strict guidelines for use.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Send their asses to GITMO before they do something really horrible like become hedge fund managers.