Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro 4 S1155 Intel Z77 DDR6 ATX
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 2X - £299.60
Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB 7200rpm x2
Solid State Drive: Intel 330 (120GB) Solid State Drive
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620 Power Supply Unit
Optical Drives: Samsung 24x Internal DVD
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 - Midi Tower

Unfortunately upon powering it up I have found it stays on for a couple of seconds then turns off ands turns itself back on for a couple of seconds and repeats until I stop it

At first I suspect lack of power / a faulty device shorting it so I have gradually gone through all the components unplugging them and then trying again but the issue still occurs

I have also tried reset the CMOS just in case

I am currently suspecting a dodgy PSU or maybe mobo but if anyone else has any other suggestions id be grateful

Thanks

Mike

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
It is very hard to troubleshoot a new build with everything attached. Start at the beginning. Try your MB outside the box with one stick of ram, GPU and, NO drives. Make sure the one stick of ram is in the correct slot for that configuration. Try to boot.

Cassius106

Oct 2, 2008
Just ran the system with just the mobo/ram/cpu outside of the case and got the same result.

Hooked an old mobo up and it worked fine so looks like a dud mobo to me unless anyone else has any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Do you have the case speaker hooked up to the motherboard? If so, are you getting any beep codes?

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
No there are no beeps so the system does not appear to be reaching POST

Does it do anything if you try to boot it without memory installed? If not, were it mine I'd probably return the board for replacement since the power supply worked with another motherboard.

When you remove the CPU, to be safe make sure to carefully examine the socket for bent or broken pins. Socket 1155 is really fragile and easy to damage.