Suspect who plotted to kidnap Gov. Whitmer over strict Covid lockdowns wants out of jail because

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
(Wait for it) he's afraid of getting Covid!

Suspect who plotted to kidnap Whitmer over strict lockdowns wants out of jail because he fears COVID

1604255419665.png

One of the suspects charged in the plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer wants to be released from jail because he’s worried about getting coronavirus, the Detroit Free Press reports.

Kaleb Franks says he’s a recovering heroin addict who has turned his life around. He has diabetes and takes insulin daily, according to his lawyer. If true, his alleged condition makes him especially vulnerable to the virus.

The 26-year-old defendant says that he can be trusted not to flee and that he is not a threat to society. The judge, however, has ruled that he is a threat to the community.

“According to testimony and court records, Franks was part of the surveillance operation outside Whitmer’s cottage and was one of five suspects who drove to a meeting hoping to buy explosives and tactical gear, only to get arrested in what turned out to be a setup by the FBI,” the Detroit Free Press reports. “But Scott Graham, a Portage attorney representing Franks, argues his client posed no real threat to anyone and deserves to be out on bond, maintaining that when Franks got arrested at the setup ‘he took $23, hardly a ‘down payment’ for anything.'”

Graham also rejects prosecutors’ claims that Franks could obtain firearms if out on bond since he allegedly manufactured two unregistered guns for the plot.

“But the facts show that Mr. Franks did not do any work to make a firearm. He did not have the tools or experience to do so,” Graham wrote.

Feb 4, 2009
Duh. I’ll role play a deplorable because I’m good at it.

“Thanks because all those black gangsters in Prison have COVID and the won’t cover their coughs”
“You can thank the libs for that because if I ran things I’d beat the crap out of any that cough and lick them all in solitary confinement”

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How stupid do you have to be to try to buy explosives from some random person? Has this ever actually not turned into an FBI setup?

Every bombing in the US I can think of used home made explosives.

Also LOL about turning his life around.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Funny how the acceptance of the possibility of dying for their cause seems to depend on if there's a gun on their person at the time. These guys are scared little poseurs struggling with mental demons of their own, not unlike like that Stewart Rhodes loser.

Having said that, let's face it; if you have even a semi valid excuse to skip the Michigan penitentiary system, you're gonna give it at least a shot.

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
How stupid do you have to be to try to buy explosives from some random person? Has this ever actually not turned into an FBI setup?

If he's on the wrong block, his "life" isn't the only thing being turned around.

Reactions: Zorba

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
maybe he should have thought of the consequences before joining this group.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

I guess he turned it around 360 degrees and it ended up facing the same way it started.

Though I don't know that his claim is entirely without merit - if he's diabetic, he probably _is_ at higher risk from the virus in prison. It is ironic, though, given the nature of what he's accused of. Or hypocritical. But there's still some truth in it.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
So, America officially celebrates rape?
All fun and games. Totally expected and nonchalant. This simply happens to people in custody.

That's a rather disturbing indictment.

It's rape when it happens to an innocent.

Think of this as "Street justice"?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I guess he turned it around 360 degrees and it ended up facing the same way it started.

Though I don't know that his claim is entirely without merit - if he's diabetic, he probably _is_ at higher risk from the virus in prison. It is ironic, though, given the nature of what he's accused of. Or hypocritical. But there's still some truth in it.

Sure, but this guy was party to terrorism. He can rot in jail.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
FUCK HIM! Maybe the warden can find other MAGA shitheads and crowd them together in the same cell.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
So, America officially celebrates rape?
All fun and games. Totally expected and nonchalant. This simply happens to people in custody.

That's a rather disturbing indictment.
I'd turn a blind eye towards anything that happen to these idiots and hope same thing happens to anyone else that condones their intentions in kidnapping Whitmer. Two wrongs don't make a right, but actions have consequences.

Mar 11, 2004
That's rich. These people have no shame or character.

Where's our resident "sue warrior" that sued Dick's for mental anguish of ruining his baby Jesus worship by giving him a refund instead of an assault rifle?

These people are all crybaby bitches that cannot handle 1/1,000,000,000,000th of what they dish out.

Reactions: Pohemi