Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
I'll be watching on CBS's website, thanks for the reminder.
All these ___ vs. ___ seasons just seem like a gimmick to me. The teams get remixed a few episodes in, leaving the outcome inconclusive.
Anyone remember the Medallion of Power? Yeah, that didn't last long.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I can't handle survivor anymore. I watched the first few seasons when I was younger but (and I know this is both a stupid opinion to have and the entire point of the show) I really dislike that its basically pure tactics in how to lie to someone and that's basically the entire show. The challenges are cool but they just go on and on about alliances and pacts and who said what and that girls fat so vote her out and shit like that. except dont vote for him because reasons and she looked at you funny but you are all supposed to be starving so why do you put so much energy into talking to one another about who is the best at being the worst human being.

Just not for me.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
LOL a guy born in 1963 is not a gen Xer - sorry.

Also, what's with all the ugly chicks?

and this guy ...

surv33_1920x1080_zekesmith_0.jpg

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Well for one thing it's just flat out wrong regardless of how to count the seasons. Many more shows have more seasons than 33:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-running_United_States_television_series

You'll also note that the way they list longest running TV series is by years, not seasons. Years makes a lot more sense than seasons
Oh lol okay day didn't realize THAT many shows were on that long. So yeah I'm wrong about that claim for sure.

That said, it clearly has enough people who like it that they can continue to keep making these shows. Calling a show like that "terrible" is just wrong IMO. If it was terrible and that many people agreed with you, then nobody would watch it and it wouldn't be made. You want to know what show became terrible? Go check out Tyrant. It was never great to begin with but just good enough to watch as a summer show. But the numbers for season 3 speak volumes of how bad it got, and it was subsequently canceled.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So we can decide quality by how many people watch or "like" something? That's a dangerous concept.
I never said it was the greatest show in the world because people watch it. I said it's not terrible because if it was people wouldn't watch it. It's clearly popular and this is just another example of nerds on the internet hating what is popular.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I watched it about 8ish years ago but since it wasn't really worth anymore as there is usually better stuff on tv now.

I just wish they increased the prize as when it first came out the million reward was impressive but now you have so many other shows giving out as much money as even shows like wheel of fortune gives that.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
LOL a guy born in 1963 is not a gen Xer - sorry.

Also, what's with all the ugly chicks?

and this guy ...

surv33_1920x1080_zekesmith_0.jpg
I thought for sure that guy was on the Gen X team then they said he was 28 and I was like WTF? Dude looks like he is 38 not 28.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Oh lol okay day didn't realize THAT many shows were on that long. So yeah I'm wrong about that claim for sure.

That said, it clearly has enough people who like it that they can continue to keep making these shows. Calling a show like that "terrible" is just wrong IMO. If it was terrible and that many people agreed with you, then nobody would watch it and it wouldn't be made. You want to know what show became terrible? Go check out Tyrant. It was never great to begin with but just good enough to watch as a summer show. But the numbers for season 3 speak volumes of how bad it got, and it was subsequently canceled.

I wasn't the one who called it terrible, I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of claiming it has the most seasons... and that counting things by seasons is flawed to begin with as different shows split up seasons in different ways.