Surviving on pizza

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I believe I could. Just vary the toppings to include some fruits once in a while!

My usual: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza with cheese, bacon, pepperoni, salami, ham, black olives, & mushrooms.

If they could give me only the toppings on a plate, no crust, then truly I would be in Heaven.

Yum. :D

Close Your Eyes (Bear Edwards)

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
dennil,

you should try some of the stuffed pizza. the crust is stuffed with the toppings so it is kind of like a burrito. easier to eat & keep for later.

Ham & cheddar cheese

chicken & wild rice with tomatoes, goat cheese, green olives, mushrooms, & a few slivers of cured spicy ham for more flavor

oldandquitemad

Jun 15, 2000
I had a wonderful Sicilian Pie last night made by a local family owned restaurant. (Oh My God, the sauce was fit for Olympians.)

Actually, I had too much wonderful Sicilian Pie.

But I do agree with your assertion that Pizza can sustain life. I will lobby the various local, state and Federal agencies to have it declared as its own food group. Will you do the same in Canada?

Fat and stuffed, I remain,

Old and QUITE Mad

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Well, whilst you could probably survive, I should think you'd get pretty sick of pizza seven days a week. I've been eating quite a bit of pizza recently (I'm too lazy to do anything else :Q), and I think I'm actually getting a bit sick of it! Bring on the rice salad! :)

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have to admit, that from a nutritional point of view, if you could only eat one type of food. The pizza would give the best nutritional balance - of course, I couldn't recommend this course of action. :)

kduncan5

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
Wouldn't you end up with a face full of zits after awhile though?:Q:Q:Q (the classic pizza-pie face.....)

Sure would taste good though.....:) Extra cheese, pepperonni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, maybe even some green peppers:p

Yum Yum! -kd5-

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
My favorite is white pizza. Its made with mozarella, ricotta and garlic, and no sauce. But it is not very good for you, so I tend to try to buy it only once in a while.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
That's all my school serves, I have to live off pizza. Unfortunately there are no toppings, which is suck! At least they have the hot pepper stuff to spice it up a little.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
5 days a week Paulson? I hope you get lots of exercise hehe. I'm in college and I cant afford pizza but like once a week.......

MooCow

Oct 12, 1999
ltk007 if it's those little personal sized pizzas that seemingly school serves try a little ranch dressing on them, makes them a lot better. Strangly I've found that ranch doesn't have the same effect on a "real" pizza.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Pizza........... Its all good........... especially cold, yum :) mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ good :)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I'm a delivery driver (not a real job cause there's no work involved, but everywhere I go, someone hands me free money) and I'm working on an associates degree. I guess that makes me a student driver :) . Every shop's "white pizza" is different. It's just a general term for a pizza with no red sauce. In my shop, we make a white pizza with pesto. I've eaten little besides pizza for the past 4 months (We have really good pizza!) I'm just sure to load 'em up with veggies and only one (if any) kind of meat. It's totally possible not only to survive on pizza, but to thive! I'd get sick of (or from;))Pizza Hut or Domino's and some others pretty quickly though, cause they use horrible, cheap "fake" cheese.

I'm wondering, Is Gino's a big chain, small chain, or just one shop I've heard of in Chicago?

Garfang,
Pizza Lover.

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
Gino's is a small chain owned by Lettuce Entertain You.

I believe its only 3 maybe 4 restaurants in the Chicagoland area.

Gatsby