SURVEY: Worst (realistic) way to die?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

damien6

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I know those weren't real but those flesh eating beatles from the first Mummy looked great.

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
Being buried alive or being eaten by a bunch of tiny insects.

After seeing Goldeneye, I know the best way to die is being squeezed to death by Famke Janssen's thighs.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Crucifixion. Asphyxiation abbated by pushing against a spike through your feet, and spikes through your wrists. When you muscles give you, you suffocate.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000

as Yakko said before, it would have to be The Wheel.

i couldn't stop thinking about the movie 'Murder in the First' when i read this post. even though he survived it, Henri Young (played by Kevin Bacon) was locked up in totally dark room by himself for something like 2 years straight. he was let outside only once during this period, for 30 minutes, only to be thrown back in the dark cell. there was no toilet, no windows, no light... and he was left there all naked. when he was finally taken out, Henri Young had gone insane. the story was chilling, because it was all based on a true story.

Viperoni

Lifer
Jan 4, 2000
Being Stoned to death would probably be the worst way to die IMHO.
I downloaded an RM video of a stoning in Iran......damm.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
Put away in decomp chamber, air pressure lowered until you bleed through your pores.

Go up in an airplane after scuba diving (and I mean right after) and you get a taste of what it starts to feel like.

Cheers!

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
alcoholism or drug addiction, quite possibly the slowest, longest, and most painful way to die.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Oh you guys think so eh?

I think it would be far worse to die slowly but surely with some kind of disease.

So, how does Cancer fit the bill? ...

raz

Banned
Feb 19, 2000
I was watching one of those Court TV programs last night and they were talking about some woman who poisoned her husband with arsenic. The cop said that arsenic poisoning is a very painful way to go.

I used to watch those 'Faces of Death' videos years ago. Among all of the horrific and gruesome clips, the one that got to me the most was the one where the 'mob' taped an execution where two guys tied another guy to a chair and one of them held a clear, plastic bag over the dude's head until he died.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Drowning might not be as bad as most people think...

Sure, it sucks for a few minutes until you pass out, then your lungs fill with water and your dead...

You only really suffer for the few minutes that you are starving for air before you passout...

I would have to say the scariest way to die would be going skydiving, and neither chute opened...

You would be freefalling for what, 30 seconds knowing you are gonna die? And what about the impact, could you imagine hitting something going like 150 MPH...???

NoreagaCNN

Banned
Sep 28, 2000
Unexpected death is the worst.
Your walking normally, chilling and sh*t and then BAM, your dead. Heart failure or whatever, thats wack.

-Nore

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
I have to agree with being buried alive.

Or did anybody see that movie Creepshow? This guy was buried to his neck on a beach and he had to constantly catch his breath for the incoming waves. Eventually, the tides got higher so he died and ended up turning into some zombie kind of creature.

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
I'd have to go with drowning as well. Electrocution might suck too

Drowning isnt bad at all. Happened to me once. Luckily I was rescued and rescusitated. Its kind of scary looking up through the water not being able to breath, but then you pass out and that's it.

Electrocution isnt fun. Been zapped nicely a few times. Even got some after affects from a lightning strike. On the psoitive side, it is over relatively quickly.

I think the worst would be to have someone grind up your extremeties in a food processor...stopping when you pass out, resuming once you awaken. Continue until you bleed to death.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
Cancer is undoubtedly horrible. Having cancer and being denied any meds for pain would definitely be up there.

Cheers!

bmd

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2001
What a pleasant thread...

On that note, I have only one word (or is it two?): Wood-chipper.

DaHitman

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001

I would have to vote for CANCER... with a long drawn out time of chemo and/or radiation.

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
I have nightmares of drowning, (I actually almost did once when I was young) so that would have to be the worst kind of death

cdan

Dec 30, 2000
A couple months ago there was a lady in Hong Kong who didn't pay some gangsters so they caught her and tortured her. They melted plastic straws and dripped it on her leg. A couple months later a movie called Tofu Head Soup was made about it. Does anyone know the lady's name?