Survey screens at AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bupkus

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2000
Just now I was reading the intro to the article
Samsung Chromebook (XE303) Review:
I selected the READ MORE button and was suddenly accosted by a full red paged offer to take a survey and possibly win amongst other things and iPad. The text of the "offer" was in bright radiant blue.

Why?!
and how can I stop that from happening again?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I've been getting those full-page survey screens on others sites, and my friend did too.

Malwarebytes comes out clean on both pcs. I don't think it's local malware. I actually suspect hacked servers.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
The "why" is because of rogue advertisers that the 3rd party networks (Google, etc) keep accepting. The "how" is to break out your browser's development tools and help us figure out which ad network those ads are coming from so that we can have them removed.

Oct 20, 2005
Don't know if this is the same, but I'm getting redirects to take a survey to win whatever every now and then. This happened on both my home desktop and my work laptop.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
The last 2 times I have received an email for updates to this thread, I get this message:

Be careful with this message. The sender's account may be compromised, so this message could be a scam to steal personal information. Ignore, I trust this message Learn more
Dear ketchup79,

ViRGE has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Survey screens at AT - in the Technical Forum Issues forum of AnandTech Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2280384&goto=newpost

I do not get this message with any other threads. I am using the latest version of firefox and gmail, if that helps.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Status
Not open for further replies.