Survey: "Freshmen more political ? and more conservative"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Or, more kids are starting to realize the propaganda that has been served to them for years by the liberal press.

You got this mantra from the liberal press. You have never seen liberal press you dumbcaugh tape recording.

You are either blind or stupid. Turn on the TV, read a newspaper, or go onto a college campus and chances are it is from a liberal point of view.

I find that funny, your quote is almost mirrored on this site: http://www.whatliberalmedia.com/

Yes, college campuses tend to be more liberal, I'll give you that, but that is simply not true in media anymore. If you want some liberal media I have some sources for you, like The Nation, which is by no means mainstream. But in terms of mainstream media, I can't think of any sources I consider liberal, since I rarely ever agree with the opinions snuck into the news fed by stations like CNN. So then what label would you have for me? Ultra-Super-Duper-Liberal? The more likely scenario is you simply do not tolerate a more moderate point of view from your own, while I have no problem with it- hence I do not go around screaming about that 'damned right-wing media' when I do not agree with the opinion they project.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
What've you got? Pre-marital sex, drug use, reluctance to use our military, loose immigration policies and excessive government spending? All of that, baby.

Only religious people are against pre marital sex. Not all conservatives are religious people. Even then, not all religious people are so against pre marital sex.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Oh yes Dennis Miller is a rabid conservative because he supports our president. Or hes a neocon. Get a clue, Miller is a liberal conservative. Unlike Franken who is a leftist.
Who called him a rabid conservative? I'm calling him a Bush lackey. What the hell is a liberal conservative? Is that anything like a conservative liberal?
rolleye.gif

?Like the marines rolled into Baghdad a few weeks ago to liberate the city, we rolled into Berkeley ready for a fight,? as one put it.
Uhh, damn . . . I though campus liberals were dumb but at least they aren't retarded.

Now they are increasingly sceptical about the ?Ab Fab? values of the 1960s generation?particularly in regard to casual sex and abortion?and increasingly enthusiastic about America's use of military might.
Uh, so there's less sex on campus . . . right, sure. Middle schoolers are banging like it's going out of style but chastity until marriage is the overwelming ethos on college campuses.
rolleye.gif

Another poll, by the University of California at Los Angeles, found that 45% of freshmen supported an increase in military spending, more than double the figure in 1992.
Once informed that increased military spending would lead to dramatic decreases in support for higher education or employment opportunities not directly related to "blowing stuff up" . . . student opinion changed dramatically.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: digitalsm
What've you got? Pre-marital sex, drug use, reluctance to use our military, loose immigration policies and excessive government spending? All of that, baby.

Only religious people are against pre marital sex. Not all conservatives are religious people. Even then, not all religious people are so against pre marital sex.

I'm referring mainly to Bush's push for abstinence. I'm not sure whether it fits into the "compassionate" part of compassionate conservative, or the latter. I'm tempted to think it's the latter. Family values and all that . . .

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Some would have considered me conservative when I was younger. I havent changed all that much, just that the conservatives that I personally knew and respected are gone and replaced by cheap copies more worried about their wallets than anything else. Values I respected have been subverted for greed, and lust for power. Too many are thoughtless cowards delighting in their loss of restraint.