Surprise, surprise; Trump overstated his wealth by even more than previously thought

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
i hope he spends a good portion of it on a failed attempt for presidency.

And that the states start charging him property taxes at the value that Trump listed.

Feb 6, 2007
These losers have the audacity to question The Donald valuing his name at $3.3 billion? Sounds like this "Bloomberg" is just jealous of true wealth.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012

And that the states start charging him property taxes at the value that Trump listed.

The owner does not determine the value; the local government does.

Feb 4, 2009

I'll clarify. I don't care if Trumps worth one, two and a half, five, eight or ten billion.
His tax documents should be interesting because he inflates his value so I'll guess his true tax rate will be under 15%. I'll bet Trump simply owns it which is what Romney should have done. The real question will be how does everyone react to his proposal to let wall street guys run the economy once the tax rates are out of the bag.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
98ae891254f229842ff6e216eef76428.jpg

Yet another thread about Trump.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'll clarify. I don't care if Trumps worth one, two and a half, five, eight or ten billion.
His tax documents should be interesting because he inflates his value so I'll guess his true tax rate will be under 15%. I'll bet Trump simply owns it which is what Romney should have done. The real question will be how does everyone react to his proposal to let wall street guys run the economy once the tax rates are out of the bag.

I was just in a state of shock because I don't care either. Anytime somebody agrees with me, I have to question the validity of my reality. Good to see you are worried about some other things I'm not. I feel better now.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol what a fucking idiot. claiming to have several billion? hahahah and only having 2.9 billion? hahha

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
You mean the quintessential Republican and frontrunner in a pack of clowns? Cream rises to the top.

You realize it is July 2015 right? There are 16 candidates right now. Before July 2016 I predict almost every one of them will be a front runner at some point.

Nov 8, 2012

Uhhh dude... He already has... Like... a SHITLOAD. Tons of sponsors dropped him, networks dropped him, products dropped him... It will continue the more he talks.

Losing $ that way will cost him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than his presidential bid will.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Silver spooner still living off daddy's real estate fumes. Who cares.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump value as possible POTUS: Xero, nada, gar nichts.

Trump value as Repub Primary sabotuer: $$Billions$$

Trump value as Entertainment: Priceless

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That has you and people of like minds slobbering all over themselves.

Trump = Thorazine

I have a magic wand and it says you're a rabbit. Be careful when you speak to me. I have a brain defect that can turn you into anything.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
So...uh...did anyone read the article or did everyone just start frothing at the mouth based on the thread title and commentary?

The Bloomberg index values the real estate based on income it currently produces. Trump’s retail spaces could fetch higher rents if vacated and leased to new tenants at prevailing rates. It doesn’t value Trump’s brand beyond accounting for cash held in accounts for his licensing deals and business partnerships. Trump’s own estimations include much higher values for his brand.

Is it common to value real estate only on the income value and not the current market value?

The analysis included a review of the personal financial disclosure Trump verified, signed and filed that was made public by the Federal Election Commission. The document provides top-line information on cash, marketable securities and airplanes, offering further clarity on assets.

The federal disclosure doesn’t require Trump to list real estate that’s only for his own use, nor other personal property such as art or clothing.

There may be additional assets that the analysis doesn’t include. The federal disclosure lists 11 entities without values or incomes, and those aren’t included in the calculation.

So there are a number of areas that this valuation does not take into account because they don't know the value of the assets\entities. I mean I am no fan of Trump but to say he is lying because a valuation that specifically admits it doesn't have the entire picture turns out to be below what he says he has is a bit of a stretch

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
So...uh...did anyone read the article or did everyone just start frothing at the mouth based on the thread title and commentary?

Is it common to value real estate only on the income value and not the current market value?

So there are a number of areas that this valuation does not take into account because they don't know the value of the assets\entities. I mean I am no fan of Trump but to say he is lying because a valuation that specifically admits it doesn't have the entire picture turns out to be below what he says he has is a bit of a stretch

The market value of commercial real estate IS based on the expected future income stream of the property, times a multiplier (Gross Rent Multiplier) appropriate to the area where the property is located. There are of course corrections for other factors; for example, the age of the building and the projected need for future maintenance.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Huh? Trump says he's worth $10B, so there's no way he can come up with ~$6B through any of the other means Bloomberg says he could add value to his net worth. I find it difficult to believe he has unknown personal holdings worth $6B.