Suprised by # of conversative here, thought most Tech geeks would be liberal!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not sure how interested some of the people in P&N are in tech. It seems like a lot of the threads here are started by people who almost exclusively post in P&N.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm not sure how interested some of the people in P&N are in tech. It seems like a lot of the threads here are started by people who almost exclusively post in P&N.

I think the vast majority of people in the P&N forums have at least an amateur interest in tech if they are not making their living in a tech related field.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I think the vast majority of people in the P&N forums have at least an amateur interest in tech if they are not making their living in a tech related field.

For the most part, I'm on this forum while either installing progs, doing backups, updating a fresh OS install or crunching some other time consuming task on another PC

edit - I do part-time 'puter repairs for financing my latest gaming and graphics processing builds.

Last edited:

Whiskey16

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2011
you must be reading a different P&N forum if you view this one as 'balanced' or maybe it is my anti-Statist bias that makes me see it so unbalanced. yet another reason to avoid P&N for me, i guess
Similar lines for why I also do.

To the OP, AnandTech is an outlier. Unlike many other tech site political sub-forums, this one is disproportionately whacked by vocal bile and nonsensical ideology against reasoned analysis and discussion. Such consistent rabble and anti-intellectualism has bred a home for the like-minded while deterring participation from those who offer differing standards.

I have experienced discussion here to be rather futile. This forum is what the participants make it to be.

Aug 23, 2000
I'd suggest a better reason for young people to be more liberal is that the poisonous ideology of conservatism is less likely to have infected them yet.

The only poisonous idealogy is the one that thinks it's OK to take from one group that produces and to give it to a group that doesn't produce.
To think you are entitled to anything is a joke. You are only entitled to what you can earn through work. There is nothing in this country holding anyone back from achieving prosperity other than liberal policies put in place to hold minorities down and beholden to the government. Minorities, mainly black have been set up to fail by those that promised to make them prosper.
Here's money for you to pop out a kid. Here's some money so you can raise your kid and not work. Here's some "free" healthcare so you can take your kid to the doctor and not have to pay anything. Meanwhile, the people that work, buy food for their families, buy health insurance, pay doctors, ect, can't afford to do more because they shoulder the burden of the welfare class created by liberal policy.
I'm one of those that pays more than my fair share of taxes, yet I make to much money to get any kind of assistance or aid to help with my disabled child, thus even though I make a comparably good salary, I don't have the discretionary income that a ghetto baby factory has because I choose to support my family by working.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Instead of believing that all Christian Democrats are stupid, have you considered that maybe you're just flat out wrong about the Democratic party's view of religion? I know, I know, that's impossible...but just think about it ;)

By definition Christians are stupid. They believe in some magical sky man that made the universe in six days. Christian Democrats are merely useful tools to the party.