Supreme Commander

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Since I've started playing this game I love it. I worry that it may not reach full potential like TA:K for the same reasons. Being able to zoom and see unit on unit combat and out to manage a planetary campaign is something that has been lacking.

However I did have it crash near the end of a mission without an in mission save, anyone know a cheat code to complete a mission? Initial search doesn't seem to pull up anything that works in campaign mode.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Start up GPGnet and go to the general forum and ask around. If you can ignore the relatively high GPG ass-kisser crowd there are some very knowledgable people there.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Heh, found that there is a skip button on the mission select screen after you fail a mission so no code required. :)

BTW, anyone try multuiplayer yet? Just finished the UEF campaign and about to start the next. Probably play through all 3 to get a feel for all the units before getting slaughtered.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: lupi
Heh, found that there is a skip button on the mission select screen after you fail a mission so no code required. :)

BTW, anyone try multuiplayer yet? Just finished the UEF campaign and about to start the next. Probably play through all 3 to get a feel for all the units before getting slaughtered.

PM me when you're ready. I haven't played online yet, so a contest between us should be deeply funny. :D

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Completed the final UEF battle last night. Was a nice 2 hour fight. Last 30 minutes was rather intense as it turned into several rush waves, except this time the units rushing were the top tier experimental types (the dual ballon looking things were the toughest to take down, probably cause my airforce was about wiped out by then.)

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
i was thinking about getting supreme commander, but a 2 hour fight? yeesh, that sounds awful long...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
i was thinking about getting supreme commander, but a 2 hour fight? yeesh, that sounds awful long...

Well you can always save, but it's how they structered the mission. There are only 6 per faction, with you generally having 1 or 2 objectives at a time. Once you finish those you will get a couple more, and quite often the map area will also widen.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It wont reach full potential but not for the same reasons as TA:K.
Kingdoms didnt have much hype, Supreme Commander had tons.

The fact is some folks just dont like this style of RTS. I like them both but I wish I could find more custom units online for TA and TA:K. There used to be thousands but now I cant find any.