Support the Civilized Man: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
remember our friend who posted these vile posters all over NY subways? here let me refresh your mammaries:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2271786

BusAd32-295x275.jpg

apparently she is at it again. i feel sorry that our NY residents have to put up with this crap.

Anti-Islam Subway Ads By Pamela Geller Feature Exploding World Trade Center, Quote From The Quran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...s-pamela-geller-mta-disclaimer_n_2295864.html

o-ANTIISLAM-AD-570.jpg

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/pamela-gellers-new-subway-ads/28152/

Imagine how millions of peace-loving Christians would react if they saw a subway advertisement during their morning commute showing cherry-picked Bible quotes such as “I come not to bring peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34) or “I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled” (Luke 12:49-51), trying to wrongfully portray Christianity as a religion of violence. I think it would be fair to say that most fair-minded Americans would be able to see right through the sinister veneer of these blatantly ridiculous advertisements. Now imagine that we are talking about Islam instead of Christianity.

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
Believe in something that cannot be proved? Don't fret when others use that belief to prove anything about you.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I'm sure Incorruptible will be in here at some point spewing plenty of Islamophobic bullshit that happens to agree with the real life troll.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Personally I believe all religions are equally bullshit (as in 100%), and I distrust any person who claims superiority because of the imagined deity he or she purports to worship be it christian or muslim or whatever, but even so, you can't reason with people like this Geller woman. They're fanatics, and immune to anything which goes against their preferred interpretation of reality.

For an american to say christianity is inherently more peaceful or whatever seems strange, considering the United States was founded on slaughter and genocide against the natives in the name of the christian god, and then topped off with organized slavery as well (which also was justified with bible chapters and verse, of course...)

Anyway, it's like with global warming, you can throw all the empirical evidence you want at the deniers, and they'll reject it out of hand.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Personally I believe all religions are equally bullshit (as in 100%), and I distrust any person who claims superiority because of the imagined deity he or she purports to worship be it christian or muslim or whatever, but even so, you can't reason with people like this Geller woman. They're fanatics, and immune to anything which goes against their preferred interpretation of reality.

For an american to say christianity is inherently more peaceful or whatever seems strange, considering the United States was founded on slaughter and genocide against the natives in the name of the christian god, and then topped off with organized slavery as well (which also was justified with bible chapters and verse, of course...)

Anyway, it's like with global warming, you can throw all the empirical evidence you want at the deniers, and they'll reject it out of hand.

Native Americans were killed to get their land. Slaves were labor for profit, a quite agnostic pursuit. An atheist would do just as well. Now you can go back and find serious problems, but for today, not for history class, there is one nation who rebelled against a dictator, elected a leader, to find hes taken over to get his religious party to create a religious based constitution on his religious parties terms. Can you name the country, the man, and his religion? Then find another example of this in modern history if you can. I'm thinking you won't.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
The truth hurts; a lot of Muslims are savages, not necessarily because of their religion but because of their backwater 7th century beliefs.

behead-those-who-insult-islam.jpg

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Then find another example of this in modern history if you can. I'm thinking you won't.
I'm at a loss how you intend to ascribe properties to a religion that numbers in the billions from a few isolated examples such as Egypt. It probably all makes sense in your own head, though.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'm at a loss how you intend to ascribe properties to a religion that numbers in the billions from a few isolated examples such as Egypt. It probably all makes sense in your own head, though.

I'm sure that taking something that happened hundreds of years ago mostly due to other factors makes sense in your own head. Something that doesn't even happen is important, and something that does doesn't.

BTW, I have no problems with most Muslims, but when people are murdered because quarans were destroyed after trying to find a respectful way to do it, then national governments want an apology and witch hunt? They can cram it.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Slavery and genocide in the US took place "hundreds" of years ago? Maybe you ought to study up on your history pal, it seems a tad rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.