SUPER easy to Use P&S

drbrock

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2008
I have an RX100 that I use for my P&S now that I love. However my mother hates using it. She just wants something that turns on and she click a button. Do you guys know of an ultra easy to use camera that is under 200. I don't need high quality photos. Just something that focuses quickly and can take decent photos of grandchildren.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
any of the panasonic/sony/canon P&S should be fine. they're all about the same.

Syborg1211

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2000
What mode do you have the RX100 on when you give it to her? If its in auto mode, isn't it the same usage case as any other point and shoot? Is the mere presence of buttons and knobs what throws her off? A cheap P&S isn't going to vastly outperform a phone camera. Does a smartphone camera also give her trouble?

drbrock

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2008
I set the auto feature on the RX100 and that is fine. Heck I mostly use it on auto personally. She doesn't like that when she uses it and it requires flash that bulb shoots outs. She thinks that she will break the 600 dollar camera.

She uses an Iphone 4 as her camera now. I think she liked the idea of having a memory card she can take to costco to get her pictures printed. She has very limited knowledge with tech. If basic P&S are not going to perform much better than I guess she should stick with the 4.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
I set the auto feature on the RX100 and that is fine. Heck I mostly use it on auto personally. She doesn't like that when she uses it and it requires flash that bulb shoots outs. She thinks that she will break the 600 dollar camera.

Well, if that's the only complaint, why not any P&S where the flash doesn't pop out like a Canon ELPH *.

On the other hand, sharing/getting the photos isn't quite brain dead so maybe a smartphone based camera is best.

Last edited:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I have a Canon ELPH 320 as my main P&S. They're up to ELPH 360 this year?

The ELPH 130 or whatever they're up to this is probably enough. Price is around US$ 110.