Suicide Bombings In Israel

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Afula

Suicide Cyclist

Jerusalem Bus Bombing

It seems like someone is trying to send a message. Could it be Arafat giving the green light to Hamas and other terrorist organizations to show that he still has influence? I seriously doubt that these bombings are solely the political work of the terrorist organizations.

Why can't the new Prime Minister of Palestine use his power to stop these bombings? Is he looking for more concessions out of Israel, such as public suppoort for the Road Map? Could he be the only person suffering a political fallout from all these bombings? Sharon and Arafat must be pleased.

Am I the only one that believes that Ariel Sharon is getting some dark satisfaction out of these bombings in order to use them as political capital against the expected pressure when he comes to Washington?

Middle East politics looks complicated.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I seriously doubt that these bombings are solely the political work of the terrorist organizations.

who do you think is responsible then? Bush ;)

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
I seriously doubt that these bombings are solely the political work of the terrorist organizations.

who do you think is responsible then? Bush ;)

I think these terrorist organizations have their political masters, whether they be in Ramallah, Damascus, or Tehran. Most likely in Ramallah (Arafat), though.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What you seriously doubt and what the truth is don't necessarily have to have even the most remote of connections.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Syria and Iran, no way, lol......

Notice the shifting resentment towards terrorists in some parts of the ME? The average citizens are beginning to wake up finally. I have even seen criticisms from Arabs of the way the US is demonized unfairly by Arab media.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
Am I the only one that believes that Ariel Sharon is getting some dark satisfaction out of these bombings in order to use them as political capital against the expected pressure when he comes to Washington?

Dark Satisfaction? No, just normal satisfaction. It is said the Israeli Right's greatest allies are the Palestinian terrorist organizations. That is indeed true, they have a symbiotic relationship. They both hate each other, but neither could exist without the other.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
Originally posted by: Dari

Dark Satisfaction? No, just normal satisfaction. It is said the Israeli Right's greatest allies are the Palestinian terrorist organizations. That is indeed true, they have a symbiotic relationship. They both hate each other, but neither could exist without the other.

Sadly, I think you're right.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Each side is the mirror of the other. In such a way do we bring into reality our darkest fears. By our own fear do we create the enemy.