suggestions on a decent amp?

Ladies Man

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I need a decent sized amp.... I will be running 4 8" subs and when the funds arrive... moving to 2 12" subs along with 2 8" subs....

i'm not looking to spend more than $200.

I know practically nothing about car audio...
Right now for sh!ts and giggles i wired up 2 8's with my rear speakers... sure theres some thump now... but it sucks.

From what i've heard i should get a 150x2 or a 200x2 amp for what i'll be doing.

I looked at crutchfeild... i have no idea what to get.
So feel free to shoot me some company names/models and please tell me your experiences with the amp.

Thanks

TrueBlueLS

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2001
Crutchfield should be able to recommend one for you if you tell them what you got. I wouldn't recommend pushing any more than 100 to 150 max through those 8s.

Doodoo

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2000
Gonna be rough for under 200...but check out cadence, crossfire, or hifonics. If ur lookin at crutchfield...check out USAcoustics...cheap and good for the money.

Spendthrift

Oct 22, 2001
well personally i refuse to buy low quality amps. they just dont sound as good, put out as much power, or last as long. so look at phoenix gold, rockford fosgate, or alpine to a lesser extent for quality amps. oh check crutchfield out. if they have some of the infinity beta or kappa series amps left grab one. theyre a steal.

powerwise id say 200x2 @4ohms would be ok, but make sure the amp will support loads down around 1ohm (ideally) that way you can wire the subs to put restitance on the amp which provides more power to each speaker.