Suggestions for credit card rewards program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
For years now my primary card has been a Citibank Driver's Edge. Points accumulated fast and you could exchange them dollar for dollar for car repair bills (anywhere) or a rebate upon buying a new or used car. Citibank just dropped the program and dumped me into a ThankYou card, which seems to be the usual points-for-overpriced-toasters-at-above-retail.

Any suggestions on a new card to replace this (or a site to go to research them)? My requirements:
-no annual fee
-interest rate is irrelevant so long as it has a grace period (I pay in full every month)
-widespread acceptability in the US (quite a few places I go don't accept Discover).

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
Amazon.com, if you buy tons of shit from there. Nice rewards; 3 points per $1 spent through Amazon.com.

Nov 29, 2006
Amazon.com, if you buy tons of shit from there. Nice rewards; 3 points per $1 spent through Amazon.com.

I just go this card the other day. Seems to be decent. As stated its 3 points per dollar spent at Amazon, 2 points for i think gas and restaurants, and 1 point for everything else.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
I have the drivers edge, and just got the new one you are referring to. I stopped using this card a while back and just have it as a spare now. I switched to Chase Sapphire for my daily purchases. Not sure if it's really better. Came with 10k points to start though. I used Amex blue for a while, but having to spend $6500 just to start getting good rewards killed it for me. I spend a lot on my card, but that's at least 6 months out of the year before I hit that mark and I couldn't use it everywhere.

bargetrav

Banned
Apr 2, 2009
I use a Fidelity Amex for business. It's 2% flat, for EVERYTHING, and it's not a true business card, so anyone can get it.

I use a Chase Freedom (5% rolling categories, similiar to Discover, 1% on everything all the time) for personal as Visa is accepted everywhere.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Chase Freedom for small personal purchases under $10.
Citi Forward for restaurants and Amazon.
Fidelity 2% for most other purchases.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
love the sony rewards citibank card. got a free surround sound system, 12mp digital camera, ps3 games, 4 ps3 move controllers, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.