Suggestions for a new RPG

hudgames

Nov 20, 2019
Hi
I are looking for a new RPG that has a science fiction theme like the Mass Effect series (including Andromeda).
Games we have played, so you can get an idea of what we like:
The Elder Scrolls series
X-Com series
Dragon Age series
Mafia series

gerald95

Oct 16, 2019
Star Wars: KOTOR might be an option. It's a 2003 game but still is one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Check out some gameplay videos to see if it interests you

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
The Outer Worlds definitely is a Sci-Fi RPG title. you played XCOM so modern Shadowrun games can be good. Borderlands series is a futuristic shooter looter which is also very popular.
another good TBS is Age of Wonders: Planetfall, its a 4X game with tactical turn based skirmishes.
BattleTech or Mechwarrior 5 also great titles more on the strategy side.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The Dystopian Sci-Fish game, if you like Elder Scrolls, would be the newer Fallout games if you haven't played those...basically Elder Scrolls in a different skin.

Outer Worlds, yes a good cool. Not exactly the same vibe, but it's quite trippy.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Since you like Skyrim, there is always Fallout 3/New Vegas/4. Not the kind of futuristic sci-fi like Mass effect.

The Shadow Run series (+Dragon Fall & Hong Kong) are a solid cyberpunk set of RPGs.

You also have Deus Ex series, notably the newer Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, although those are also more cyberpunk than futurism.

That's the thing about the ME series, it's fairly unique for what it is.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
also Greedfall, will remind you of Dragon Age Inquisition.
and Mutant Year Zero - like XCOM