Sueing Gun Manufacturers for illegal use of their products...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
There are probably many frivolous and unwarranted lawsuits, but the proper means to deal with them already exists. Passing a law that excludes a particular industry from a 1000 year old system for determining who is responsible for harm to someone seems like a very bad idea to me. I feel the same way about so-called tort-reform in other industries too.

I'd be happy if they just passed a law to the effect that companies cannot be sued for the harm caused if their products are used in a criminal manner.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
I started at 20. Stopped after 20+ years when My Dad died of smoking related illness.
Carried an un-open pack in my pocket for a year.
Been 20 since I stopped. I Taste them again when a smoker walks by.

No need to chill - I understand the chemistry & risk, now but not at 20.

20+20+20 you're 60?

I tried it 2x and damn near killed me both times. I sotra got the hint it was'nt good after chocking and truning green for 5 minutes after one inhale. Never understood the attraction. Same with dope.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: Alistar7
cigareete manufactures regualte the amount of nicotine to ensure addictive levels, and some see hundreds of chemicals along the line before you light up your "natural" and therefore unregulated producted.

Whats great is BOTH sides took massive campaign contributions to keep the FDA away from tobacco for the longest time, yet when the time finally came for the tobacco companies to pay for the KNOWN damage their product causes, who gets the money? The govt, again. hhmmmm

I realize all that. What I'm saying is, they have never been specifically made to induce higher cancer rates

of course not, they don't care about the cancer levels, they just want to make sure you remain hooked irregardless of the effects on your health......

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
I started at 20. Stopped after 20+ years when My Dad died of smoking related illness.
Carried an un-open pack in my pocket for a year.
Been 20 since I stopped. I Taste them again when a smoker walks by.

No need to chill - I understand the chemistry & risk, now but not at 20.

20+20+20 you're 60?

I tried it 2x and damn near killed me both times. I sotra got the hint it was'nt good after chocking and truning green for 5 minutes after one inhale. Never understood the attraction. Same with dope.

protect yourself, use a bong, the water filters out about 90% of the tars.....

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
If I smashed your skull by violently inserting it into a 27" television, causing you to wear it like a turtleneck and die in a fit of spasms and uncontrollable seizures.....would it be alright if your family and the city you reside in both sued Sony for illegal use of the product ?

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: 308nato
If I smashed your skull by violently inserting it into a 27" television, causing you to wear it like a turtleneck and die in a fit of spasms and uncontrollable seizures.....would it be alright if your family and the city you reside in both sued Sony for illegal use of the product ?

Of course, they are a big :evil:corporation:evil: