sudden fps drop in every game

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
till yesterday my gaming was butter smooth not going below 60 fps but without any change in hardware or software i am seeing sudden fps drop if i use volume mute or volume decrease button on my logitech mk200 while in game this was not before never i even reinstalled windows 2 times still same problem

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
solution: dont use the volume mute or volume decrease button on my logitech mk200

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
As many computer hardware help threads you have, I don't think any of the issues are "sudden". You've posted about Netflix and video issues for a long time, and you were experiencing instability with RAM overclocking. https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ram-overclocking.2589147/?view=date

You need to set your components to stock settings (like RAM XMP), and then go from to figure out why you are having so many issues with your builds.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
As many computer hardware help threads you have, I don't think any of the issues are "sudden". You've posted about Netflix and video issues for a long time, and you were experiencing instability with RAM overclocking. https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ram-overclocking.2589147/?view=date

You need to set your components to stock settings (like RAM XMP), and then go from to figure out why you are having so many issues with your builds.
with ram at SPD 2133mhz there is still stutter while using keybaord keys in game and fps drop is only when i use keys not without them

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Do your speakers/headphones not have a knob for adjusting the volume? If using the keyboard volume function keys causes your FPS to drop, then I would suggest you stop using those keys. I had an older keyboard with function keys that would control a third-party utility so it might be the same thing with you - that using the function keys is causing a third-party program to start running in the background and causing lag.

Simple solution: Stop it.
Longer solution: Run your game in a smaller window mode and use the function keys to see if some other utility is being activated by your keyboard keys.

Personally, I would go with the simple solution.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Do your speakers/headphones not have a knob for adjusting the volume? If using the keyboard volume function keys causes your FPS to drop, then I would suggest you stop using those keys. I had an older keyboard with function keys that would control a third-party utility so it might be the same thing with you - that using the function keys is causing a third-party program to start running in the background and causing lag.

Simple solution: Stop it.
Longer solution: Run your game in a smaller window mode and use the function keys to see if some other utility is being activated by your keyboard keys.

Personally, I would go with the simple solution.
nothing is activated in windowed mode

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Hello hardcore_gamer29

I am old.

I have grown up during the years of bad computers, and have spent a lot of time trying to fix problems like you are describing; slow computers, games crashing, strange bahviours, driver incompatibilities, and more.

I can tell you that one reason why you are not getting an answer, here, on this technology forum, is because:
1. we've all had to struggle with these problems for much longer than we want to, and
till yesterday my gaming was butter smooth not going below 60 fps but without any change in hardware or software i am seeing sudden fps drop if i use volume mute or volume decrease button on my logitech mk200 while in game this was not before never i even reinstalled windows 2 times still same problem
This means NOTHING.

To even start being able to divine what is wrong with your PC, we would need the full hardware specs, details of what OS you have, how you are running and maintaining it, what other softwares you have, what game/app is giving you problems, a full description of the problem, and possibly some diagnostics, with DXDIAG being the most common.

Otherwise, i'm sorry, but we can't help you. It could be ANYTHING. A drop in motherboard voltages. An out of spec RAM. Logitech driver incompatibility. Registry error. Viruses.
It could be a keymap issue, it could be a frayed cable, a broken windows driver, a OS language issue,it could be so many things that nobody is going to spend a week trying to fix your problem.

Go get a different keyboard. See if the error keeps happening. Keep replacing parts until it stops happening.

The only other way that tech issues are solved today, is when they are specific to either a piece of software or a piece of hardware, so you can talk to other hundreds of people having the same issue. Otherwise, it's a needle in a haystack, for a guy on the internet.

@UsandThem this is not a PC Games thread, it shouldn't be here. *i think*

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Hello hardcore_gamer29

I am old.

I have grown up during the years of bad computers, and have spent a lot of time trying to fix problems like you are describing; slow computers, games crashing, strange bahviours, driver incompatibilities, and more.

I can tell you that one reason why you are not getting an answer, here, on this technology forum, is because:
1. we've all had to struggle with these problems for much longer than we want to, and

This means NOTHING.

To even start being able to divine what is wrong with your PC, we would need the full hardware specs, details of what OS you have, how you are running and maintaining it, what other softwares you have, what game/app is giving you problems, a full description of the problem, and possibly some diagnostics, with DXDIAG being the most common.

Otherwise, i'm sorry, but we can't help you. It could be ANYTHING. A drop in motherboard voltages. An out of spec RAM. Logitech driver incompatibility. Registry error. Viruses.
It could be a keymap issue, it could be a frayed cable, a broken windows driver, a OS language issue,it could be so many things that nobody is going to spend a week trying to fix your problem.

Go get a different keyboard. See if the error keeps happening. Keep replacing parts until it stops happening.

The only other way that tech issues are solved today, is when they are specific to either a piece of software or a piece of hardware, so you can talk to other hundreds of people having the same issue. Otherwise, it's a needle in a haystack, for a guy on the internet.

@UsandThem this is not a PC Games thread, it shouldn't be here. *i think*
i9 10900k
msi z490 tomahawk
corsair lpx 16gbx2 @4133mhz
coolermaster mwe 850watt gold
samsung 2233sw 22inches lcd
i reinstalled windows 3 times no help
changed today monitor cable tried integrated gpu still same
logitech mk200 is plug and play
os is win 10 64bit 2004
i have msi afterburner and hwinfo64
but i tried with fps counter still same issue

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
so, if you reinstalled windows, this means no logitech drivers.
if it works P&P, then there should be no compatibility issues.
Your PC is obviously brand new, so i'm gonna say no hardware issue with the PC itself.

1. the keyboard could be damaged.

New OS install also rules out language pack (key-mapping) compatibility. Is your OS installed in English?

After you have re-iinstalled windows, did you also re-install games, apps? My guess is that you did. Did you install any new games / sw just before the problem started happening?

In MY view, i would not point to RAM being the culprit. Because faulty RAM tends to ruin everything randomly, not the same thing every time. (you can briefly set your PC to default settings and then test if the problem still happens, this should be a fairly quick and easy test)

My guess would be in order of likelyhood, 1. keyboard has developed a physical fault, 2. a software you installed recently (maybe something that adds its own audio driver, which is set with too high priority in the OS).

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
so, if you reinstalled windows, this means no logitech drivers.
if it works P&P, then there should be no compatibility issues.
Your PC is obviously brand new, so i'm gonna say no hardware issue with the PC itself.

1. the keyboard could be damaged.

New OS install also rules out language pack (key-mapping) compatibility. Is your OS installed in English?

After you have re-iinstalled windows, did you also re-install games, apps? My guess is that you did. Did you install any new games / sw just before the problem started happening?

In MY view, i would not point to RAM being the culprit. Because faulty RAM tends to ruin everything randomly, not the same thing every time. (you can briefly set your PC to default settings and then test if the problem still happens, this should be a fairly quick and easy test)

My guess would be in order of likelyhood, 1. keyboard has developed a physical fault, 2. a software you installed recently (maybe something that adds its own audio driver, which is set with too high priority in the OS).
I ran ram at default speed but still same problem new keyboard sane model installed but same issue no new software installed my os is english india there is engkush united states also showing up in bottom right

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
so that rules out the keyboard as well. The language pack should be fine, specially if it was working before the problem.

Did you install anything in the few days before the problem started happening?? Because otherwise i really cannot understand what could be the problem.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
so that rules out the keyboard as well. The language pack should be fine, specially if it was working before the problem.

Did you install anything in the few days before the problem started happening?? Because otherwise i really cannot understand what could be the problem.
Every software or game is very same as before . Well i am bjying asus vg259q 144hz so that no need to enable vsync and problem gone automatically

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
the problem is *not* with the monitor. A monitor only receives, does not influence your PC at all. The FPS drop means there is something activating that has a very high priority in the OS, taking away resources otherwise used for pushing the framerate. Either that, or faulty signal is causing a timeout.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
the problem is *not* with the monitor. A monitor only receives, does not influence your PC at all. The FPS drop means there is something activating that has a very high priority in the OS, taking away resources otherwise used for pushing the framerate. Either that, or faulty signal is causing a timeout.
but there is nothing activating i tried game in windowed mode

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Check keyboard settings and disable hot key language switching and disability assiatance if set.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

I googled xd

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Based on their posting history, I'm not sure if the OP has ever had a PC that worked. It's always some kind of issue/problem with something. :oops:

I honestly believe they should buy prebuilt computers going forward, so they actually use the PC to play games instead of posting about problem after problem after problem.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Based on their posting history, I'm not sure if the OP has ever had a PC that worked. It's always some kind of issue/problem with something. :oops:

I honestly believe they should buy prebuilt computers going forward, so they actually use the PC to play games instead of posting about problem after problem after problem.
This weird thing happened first since 2012 bro

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
@UsandThem Henceforth, i shall refer to you as "Bro"
:p

Tony-and-Thor-Avengers-Endgame-2019-avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-42940804-540-225.gif

Reactions: Stg-Flame